GTranslate Pro WordPress Subdirectory Multisite

Popular automatic website translation tool

Re: GTranslate Pro WordPress Subdirectory Multisite

Postby [email protected] » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:13 am

yes, i did reload, still seeing the '/' character...

also, i am having a problem editing the translations...i mean i am not, but my client is...they say the password will not be recognized and it keeps asking for authentication over and over again...the password works for me, and i tried to reset it and it works again for me, but the client keeps getting the same result, it asks them for the password over and over again...how could it only work for me and not for the client?
[email protected]

Postby [email protected] » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:16 am

actually, i am getting a SUCCESS message when i edit the translations, but when i refresh, i don't see the edits...i don't think i can edit anything even though it says success...and my client still has problem with being asked for password over and over...
[email protected]

Postby [email protected] » Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:15 pm

the password works for the client when the switch only to firefox and their keyboard is in english...that is fine, password is success..

but nobody from any location is able to see any changes...we get success when we edit, but the page stays the same...i read about api limit, but we tried for 2 days in a row and still do not see any changes...

is this a permission error?
[email protected]

Postby Edvard » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:31 pm

When you save a translation it is being saved in gtranslate/cache/(XX)/(hash).human file if you after that copy all .human files to appropriate gtranslate_domain.com folder it will work.

I'm coming to a conclusion that it will be better to use shared cache for all your sites.

If you create a symbolic link from all gtranslate_domain.com/cache to gtranslate/cache folder it will work.

It is easy to do in linux, not sure how to do that for windows, but you can possibly install a synchronization software which will keep all the chache folders synchronized.
Regards,

Edvard Ananyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin

Postby [email protected] » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:43 pm

I have no idea how to do what you are saying...this is a nightmare edvard...i have paid you for 11 pro licenses, and i have spent over 2 weeks trying to get this installed...this is really not working for me...if you can't fulfill your agreement to make your software work, then you need to give me a refund because i spent ALOT of money with you and you are failing to get this working in an acceptable manner...my clients are angry, i have spent countless hours working on your plugin....it is ridiculous...i have never had such a problem with a plugin before and for me, it is useless...i want a refund...
[email protected]

Postby [email protected] » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:45 pm

if you refuse to refund, like i see you to do to everyone, then you have my FTP access, now you spend hours fixing it because it is your software and you agreed to install it...so make it work! and do it fast because i am losing far more money than i spent with you already and you are a terrible business person if you can't support the guy who is promising to buy 50 licenses!
[email protected]

Postby [email protected] » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:54 pm

yes, i manually copied the .human files from the gtranslate folder on the server to my desktop then back to the gtranslate_iqstransilvania.com folder and now i see the changes...

but that is not an acceptable solution, please help me fix this...
[email protected]

Postby [email protected] » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:55 pm

how do i...

create a symbolic link from all gtranslate_domain.com/cache to gtranslate/cache folder?
[email protected]

Postby [email protected] » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:03 pm

<?php
$target = 'uploads.php';
$link = 'uploads';
symlink($target, $link);

echo readlink($link);
?>

this is php symbolic link code...it will work in windows...show me an example of how i would do it and where do i put this code?
[email protected]

Postby [email protected] » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:04 pm

and i am still waiting for you to reply to my email about the index.php code to make my domain urls come up in the desired language...it has been over 5 days since you replied to that...please finish my case edvard!
[email protected]

Postby Edvard » Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:54 pm

Hi,

I'm not sure if you are a developer or a programmer, but what I say is really a simple thing.

I'm suggesting you a solution which you are not able to understand, because probably that you are not a tech guy, but if you get money from a client you should at least understand what is a symbolic link.

I have spend a lot of time answering your emails and forum posts. I have given to you a lot of code for your specific case. I'm telling you how to fix it and you still don't understand.

I have done the installation differently, so now you have only one gtranslate folder for all domains and the cache is shared. Check gtranslate/config.php, .htaccess files and gtranslate folder contents to learn how it works now.

I cannot add the script for language change for you.
Regards,

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin

Postby [email protected] » Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:52 pm

thank you for fixing it...i will get the url working with another developer...i have sent you a PM...i will let you know when i need more licenses...
[email protected]

Postby [email protected] » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:07 pm

please also include license file for iqstesting.com
[email protected]

Postby [email protected] » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:12 pm

will you fix the language script for extra fee? it is the last piece to my puzzle...
[email protected]

Postby Edvard » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:29 pm

You can create a blank license file which will be populated later automatically.
Regards,

Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate Drupal
Edvard
Site Admin

Postby [email protected] » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:28 pm

Hey Edvard...

i have a big problem with the site...

none of my translations are working, i have 404 errors...

i have recently activated wp-super cache throughout the site, and after a few days, i suppose from caching and propagation, all of the gtranslate urls return 404 error now...

i assume this has something to do with the cache? i am going to assume i have to delete something? can you tell me how to fix it? and will this destroy my override translations if i have to delete the gtranslate files?

please help, and thank you in advance...many more licenses to come...i promise...
[email protected]

Postby [email protected] » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:46 pm

if you add the gtranslate language string, gtranslate/translate.php?lang=ru, the language translation works...

so the thing that stopped working was the subdirectory urls...i assume again it is because caching, and i am sure you are going to tell me to delete my cache folder contents...

if this is correct, i have a few questions?

1. do i delete all of the contents of the cache folder, including all of the language subfolders?
2. i assume i have to restore the folders? or just make one cache folder and the subfolders get created automatically? or i make all of the subfolders with no files?
2. if this is the fix, will this destroy my translation overrides when i restore the folders with no files?
[email protected]

Previous