[Solved] localhost domain

Popular automatic website translation tool

Re: localhost domain

Postby Yana » Mon May 14, 2012 10:07 am

Please try to copy the php.ini file to gtranslate directory.
Regards,

Yana Ghahramanyan - GTranslate Team

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate WordPress
Google Translate Drupal
Yana

Postby mherv » Mon May 14, 2012 10:41 am

so now i installed ioncube correctly with their wizard. i got this message Loader Installed
The ionCube Loader version 4.0.14 for PHP 5.3 is already installed and encoded files should run without problems.
i also copied php.ini into the gtranslate folder (that sits under the htdocs folder)
but the situation did not change : as soon as i uncomment your rewrite rules in .htaccess i get a forbidden access on moldorent.com (without www) or localhost although they will work with the rules commented.
shouldn't i had to apply somewhere a license coded file?
mherv

Postby mherv » Mon May 14, 2012 10:49 am

by the way, my license.dat file in the distribution you sent me is empty.
couldnt this explain that?
mherv

Postby Yana » Tue May 15, 2012 12:14 am

Hi,
The size of the license file should be 0 . The size of the license.dat will change after connecting with our server.
Please make sure that you don't have installed both the joomla plugin version and the General version.
Regards,

Please leave your feedback on your CMS plugin directory. It is very important for us!
Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate Drupal
Yana

Postby mherv » Tue May 15, 2012 12:20 am

how could i have done this? i read installation.txt
i read the readme file and installed plg_gtranslate1.7.zip
to be sure i will remove the component now and reinstall
mherv

Postby Yana » Tue May 15, 2012 12:22 am

Hi,
You can find the documentation here:
https://gtranslate.io/docs/57-gtranslat ... umentation
Regards,

Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate Drupal
Yana

Postby mherv » Tue May 15, 2012 12:43 am

Yana, How many times must i say that i did all this. i set the ioncube loader, i made the installation of the plugin(1.7) from the extenstion manager, i got an aknowledgement from it, i enabled the plugin, i setup robots.txt ans sitemap too, and i modified htaccess within your requirements.
i also modified the hosts file to accept moldorent.com
everything goes fine when i comment your lines in .htaccess i access to http://moldorent.com and see my front end.
i can access to localhost for instance for the administration
then when i uncomment you lines in .htaccess i get an access denial.
for your information, i am not an expert but i am not a newebe either. its not my first joomla site, i have been dealing with ioncube protected components before (although i recieved a file certificate), and i made some php coding and debugging in the components i bought.
so please lets find a way out of this
mherv

Postby Yana » Tue May 15, 2012 1:18 am

Dear Mherv,
I cannot check the settings on your local server.
Regards,

Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate Drupal
Yana

Postby mherv » Tue May 15, 2012 1:22 am

i got further, my .htaccess file seem to have been corrupted. now i am not rejected. still making the setup on the plugin and on joomla. i didnt see the results yet

however according to the doc i should have a file named config.php in the gtranslate folder and i cant see it
mherv

Postby mherv » Tue May 15, 2012 1:45 am

ok i begin to go to somewhere. i am not rejected any more
however, i dont see much of a translation. i dont see any language selector

and when i type moldorent.com/fr/ or moldorent.com/de/ the login module of the site gets translated but that all of it. not the title of the site etc....

the problem is that i also installed the jomres module that is translation capable altough i removed all the multilingal options. so i dont know who does what.
to know better i will set 2 different default languages for g translate ant jomres like spanish and french and i will know who takes the hand over the other one

when
mherv

Postby mherv » Tue May 15, 2012 1:55 am

so the part of translation is made by jomres and gtranslate does nothing althoug it dont burden any more
mherv

Postby mherv » Tue May 15, 2012 1:58 am

i forgot to say that the plug in is enabled, and that each time i make a back end modification i issue a clear cache to be sure everything is refeshed before i check the front end.
please tell me what to do
mherv

Postby mherv » Tue May 15, 2012 2:11 pm

I finally made it work. i didnt understand that i had to install the free module in addition to the pro version.
i have unpredictable results cause i am running on localhost but this doesnt bother me for the moment.
however ?language_edit=1 doesnt work i get a 404 error.
i read somewhere that i should setup a user code and a password in a configuration php file and i dont have this file in my distribution
mherv

Postby Yana » Tue May 15, 2012 10:23 pm

Hi,
If you installed the Joomla plugin version you should use your juumla admin username and password for editing translations. You need to login to the frontend first and thea add ?language_edit=1 to the end of the url.

If yo want to use jomres with GTranslate , you should install the General version and in this case you should modify the gtranslate config lines and replace [a-z] with the language codes which you want to be handled by GTranslate.
In order to enable the language selector you should install the free module and turn on "Operate with Pro"
option.
Regards,

Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate Drupal
Yana

Postby mherv » Tue May 15, 2012 11:33 pm

actually writing ?language_edit=1 always lead to a 404 error unless i am missing something. but i am using the plugin version
can you give me an example of language code replacements instead of [a-z] ? i guess its a bnf form so it sould be like that :[a-zA-Zàéèê......] true? in fact i dont have the codes for all languages
can you supply me a replacement that is known to work?
mherv

Postby Yana » Wed May 16, 2012 1:33 am

Hi,
You should login to the frontend first. Please use the following link
http://moldorent.com/component/com_users/

In this example Japanese, Russian and French will be handled by GTranslate Pro

# gtranslate config
RewriteRule ^(ja|fr|it)/(ja|fr|it)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L]
RewriteRule ^(ja|fr|it)/(ja|fr|it)$ /$1/ [R=301,L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule ^(ja|fr|it)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^(ja|fr|it)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1 [L,QSA]
Regards,

Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate Drupal
Yana

Postby mherv » Wed May 16, 2012 2:05 am

Yana sorry to tell you that but it should be componentS not component in the url, and there is apparently no piece of code allowing me to login there.
however i have a login module on my site and when i login as an administrator it does it :)

but this brings me to another place : the front end i have access to when i am an administrator and the frontend the user sees are not the same at all. And what i want to be modifying is what the user sees not what the administrator sees.

On another hand, the feature to request a paid translation in the cart is not very effective for me, because either i speak the language and i notice a translation mess and i sould be able to correct it myself or i dont notice the translation problem because i dont speak the language and i wont be able to ask you to change single sentences.

so my question is there : for me it would be more effective to know where the user and the password in the code are made so that i would simply remove them for my developing purposes, and once the developing will be made i will switch back to the proper code.

is this possible?
mherv

Postby mherv » Wed May 16, 2012 2:10 am

about the rewrite rules, I really dont understand them and i do not want to spend the 2 to 5 necessary days in the mod-rewrite specs to write something that works. so here is the question : Do you happend to have a set of rules that covers all the languages that you handle?
thanks Yana
mherv

Postby mherv » Wed May 16, 2012 2:51 am

Please Tell me if i get this strait : I should remove the joomla plugin to install the pro version in a general way

then i set a user and password that will not be administrator and i create the same user on my site
i log an the user and i have all facilities to edit what the normal user sees.
no need to be changing the code, and if i want i still can change it within edit_translations.php

all i need now is a set of rewrite rules that works with everything

regards Marc
mherv

Postby Yana » Wed May 16, 2012 4:13 pm

Hi,
If you installed the joomla plugin you cannot change the code. For the General version you can change edit_translation.php file.
Here are the rules for all languages.

# gtranslate config
RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L]
RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /$1/ [R=301,L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2 [L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1 [L,QSA]
Regards,

Google Translate Joomla
Google Translate Drupal
Yana

PreviousNext