Forum Archive - Almost there, but not yet: no translation

Almost there, but not yet: no translation
Sep 3, 2012 5:04 pm by Diana
OK, so... I'm not getting any dramatic error messages. But we're not there yet. I've installed the gtranslate folder in the www folder (binary). I've set the cache to 777. Created an .htaccess file (this worries me a bit). Worked on the config file (this worries me a bit). Created a robots.txt file (this worries me a bit). Created a sitemap.txt file (this worries me a bit). Had previously downloaded the free version (which seemed to work pretty ok). Sadly... it doesn't work. The pull down menu shows. I can select a language, but nothing happens after that (and yes, I've put the plug in settings to 'pro' and to 'redirect'.) There's quite a few things I might have done wrong somehow, but I'm reaching the end of my practical experience and knowledge... Time to call in the experts.. Help? Diana
Re: Almost there, but not yet: no translation
Sep 3, 2012 6:38 pm by Yana
Hi, What is your website address? Please try to enable debug mode. If you can send me FTP access information and backend admin username/password I'll check the settings. We have free integration service. If you want I can install it for you.
Sep 3, 2012 6:54 pm by Diana
Thanx! I´ve sent you a PM :)
Sep 4, 2012 2:28 pm by Yana
Hi, I have corrected the settings. Please check. You can use the following short code to place the language selector in your template <?php echo do_shortcode('[gtranslate]'); ?>