Forum Archive - Unable to get Gtranslate Pro to work

Unable to get Gtranslate Pro to work
Sep 18, 2012 1:42 pm by tommy0698
My remote server is a Bitnami Cloud AWS server - [url]vfceurope.bitnamiapp.com[/url] With a domain name [url]vfceurope.eu[/url] pointing to it. I am running joomla 2.5.7 and had gtranslate free running on it. Which was running ok. I purchased gtranslate pro to make use of the /uk /fr /de translated pages. However since installing it (which I have tried 4 -5 times) I still cannot get it to work. The site pages now add the language suffix but are always reporting - The requested URL was not found on this server. Also my existing menu links have changed and don't find the pages - if I disable SEF it works again. I have enabled debug in gtranslate but no log file shows up. I followed the install instructions and the tips in the forum for people who had previously experienced problems but no joy. I dont know if the lack of ftp to the AWS Server is a problem. An SSL connection is required. This is the process I followed 1. Check system requirements PHP IonCube Loader PHP Curl Library PHP JSON library PHP SOAP client (BING) Apache mod_rewrite 2. Install pro plugin copy gtranslate folder to htdocs Set plugin basic options Set /gtranslate/cache and /gtranslate/cache/XX folders permissions to 777. /plugins/system/gtranslate/gtranslate/cache and XX language folders should be writable (777 permission) /plugins/system/gtranslate/gtranslate/license.dat file should be writable (666 permission) - GTranslate Pro. 3. Ensure that .htaccess is configured. Add these lines AFTER RewriteEngine On line in the .htaccess file. # gtranslate config RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /$1/ [R=301,L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1 [L,QSA] Create Robot.txt Create sitemap.txt 4. Download and Install Gtranslate Free Module Set for pro enabled and google redirect goto Joomla Global configuration Enable SEF Url's Enable URL rewriting Can anyone help ?
Re: Unable to get Gtranslate Pro to work
Sep 18, 2012 9:10 pm by Yana
Hi, There is no need to install both versions (the joomla system plugin a and general version). Please send me access info and I'll correct the settings. Also please note that GTranslate license is for one domain name. If you want we can activate the licenses for your 5 subdomains for free.
Sep 19, 2012 11:55 am by tommy0698
Managed to resolve the problem - which was due to an .htaccess and mod_rewrite problem. Thanks for your help...
Sep 20, 2012 10:22 pm by Yana
Hi, Good to hear that!
Sep 25, 2012 8:55 pm by lagen
Hi I have the same problem I do this step: 1. Check system requirements PHP IonCube Loader PHP Curl Library PHP JSON library 2. Install pro plugin Create Robot.txt Create sitemap.txt 3. Download and Install Gtranslate Free Module Set for pro enabled and google redirect goto Joomla Global configuration Enable SEF Url's Enable URL rewriting is there anything I missing?
Sep 25, 2012 9:19 pm by lagen
I success to make it's work now. it's was 777 on cache I forget to do.
Sep 27, 2012 6:29 am by Yana
Hi, Thank you for the information.