Forum Archive - Search in Joomla II

Search in Joomla II
Sep 15, 2012 11:14 pm by Waldo
Hi Edvard & all, Did you solve the problem of searching in Joomla. How to search in different languages. I made a little code/appli to do that. If you are interested I will post to you privately. Cheers, Oswaldo
Re: Search in Joomla II
Sep 24, 2012 4:51 pm by Edvard
Hi, You need to use Google search widget on your site to be able to search in all languages.
Oct 2, 2012 6:48 pm by Waldo
Hi, You need to use Google search widget on your site to be able to search in all languages. Hi Edvard, I think you really did not read my post. 1. Google search it is not for professional sites because you will see advertising from Google. So it is not suitable for a serious site. 2. The point in my last post is concerning that I have created a solution for searching in different languages without google search. 2.1. I was trying google search, and when I was doing some test the google's robots blocked my ip address because of automatic queries... So google search, is not the candidate. 2.2. I really don't think that your suggestion is really seious as is really GTranslate ;-) 3. So here you have my site where you can see in action my search engine with three different languages. 4. The search results are in relation with database created by my solution. 5. My site is in Joomla Here is the link: http://www.oswaldogonzalez.net/buscar There you can do searching in three languages and the answers will be in the language previously selected by user. I hope it will be interesting for you & maybe for Gtranslate users... Cheers, Oswaldo
Oct 2, 2012 8:14 pm by Waldo
Another point about this theme: 1. Google is free with advertisements. 2. Google free of advertisements: * Starting at $100 a year, increase the ways you can fine-tune the design (like opting out of the ads or the Google branding) * Get additional powerful features for small and large businesses My solution is not as expensive as google. This is why I would like to have a conversation with you, to think about (if it is possible for you) the possibilities to view my solution (I don't know...) as a prospective item to offer as a search withing Gtranslate module... ??? Cheers, Oswaldo
Oct 4, 2012 10:53 pm by Yana
Hi, Thank you, we will contact you.
Sep 25, 2017 3:06 pm by durofer
Hi I know, it's an old post. But I've come to that problem too. Do you still have the solution for joomla 3? Would be realy great, I also don't want use google search. You mentioned the problem already.
Sep 25, 2017 4:47 pm by Yana
Hi, Please contact by our live chat support. Thanks!