Forum Archive - [Solved] Newly Installed Pro GTranslate Not Working

[Solved] Newly Installed Pro GTranslate Not Working
Mar 11, 2011 5:09 am by [email protected]
Hello, I am hoping you can make me feel better about the purchase I made earlier today. After several hours of trouble shooting the translation is still not working. I am only using the Portuguese translation so I only have one flag in the top right corner with the english flag. I have completed all of the install instructions with no luck. When you click on the Portuguese flag it takes you to the same page with the /pt/, not translated with the CSS all gone. Can you look at it and see if you know what the issue is? I have read nearly every post on your site to see if I could find a similar issue with a resolution. I am really excited to get this working! Thanks so much! P.S. The free version worked fine.
Re: Newly Installed Pro GTranslate Not Working
Mar 11, 2011 5:19 am by [email protected]
The web address is http://www.xi3.org/
Mar 11, 2011 11:23 am by Edvard
Hi, Please use this in your .htaccess instead: # gtranslate config RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /$1/ [R=301,L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/js RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/js RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1 [L,QSA] Let me know when it is replaced.
Mar 12, 2011 2:15 am by [email protected]
I have placed: # gtranslate config RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /$1/ [R=301,L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/js RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/js RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1 [L,QSA] Into the .htaccess file. It is still not translating and now the images are not loading. Thanks so much for your response. Any other ideas?
Mar 12, 2011 8:31 am by Edvard
All the image src-s and link href-s are written relatively to your root path like src="images/header.png", and when you are on http://www.xi3.org/pt/ it tries to load images from /pt/ path instead of the root, ex "/pt/images/header.png". You need to make your URLs to have / before, so the src will be like src="/images/header.png" or you can try to add this tag in the head tag: <base href="http://www.xi3.org/" />
Mar 12, 2011 1:14 pm by [email protected]
That makes sense. However, with that change it still is not translating. And I have done everything else I can think of. Also, if you go to any of the other links, the script is staying on the home page index.php anything in the directory /pt/ is displaying index.php
Mar 12, 2011 1:30 pm by [email protected]
I got that last part fixed it is now displaying the different pages, but it is still not translating. Any other ideas? Thanks so much for your help!
Mar 13, 2011 3:19 pm by Edvard
Good, now I think that your API key is not valid. Try to change it and update it in config.php file. The Google responds with error now: Response: { "error": { "errors": [ { "domain": "global", "reason": "badRequest", "message": "Bad Request" } ], "code": 400, "message": "Bad Request" } }
Mar 13, 2011 4:58 pm by [email protected]
Wonderful! It looks like that did it. Thank you for your help and thank you for the great script!