Forum Archive - [Solved]Question about human translation in Enterprise

[Solved]Question about human translation in Enterprise
Apr 19, 2012 6:18 am by paulg
Hi guys, I'm a very happy user of Gtranslate Enterprise. It's works great, really fast and there's no worry about performance, webspace etc. I've a small question: when I replace automatic translated text with human translation this works very nice but when there's the symbol " & " (and) in the text the original text or the translation is no longer displayed after that symbol. So when there's text like "salt & pepper" the text after "salt" disappears. When I replace the " & " symbol with "and" all text is visible again. Is this normal behaviour or maybe a bug? Greetings, Paul
Re: Question about human translation in Enterprise
Apr 19, 2012 2:30 pm by Yana
Dear Paul, You have just found a bug. We will try to fix it ASAP. Please use "and" instead of "&" as a temporary solution.
Aug 9, 2012 3:16 pm by SteckInsights
Thanks Paul, for writing about this and Yana for trying to fix it. For those of you who are searching this via the web, here are some keywords that might help you find this page: gtranslate, gtranslate pro, ampersand, and, symbol, sign, &, &, text, erase, delete, remove, clear May the force be with you as you fix this bug! Thanks!
Aug 27, 2012 9:06 pm by Edvard
This issue should be fixed. Please try it on your side and let us know! Thanks for your patience!
Sep 7, 2012 6:01 pm by paulg
Hi Edvard, This issue seems to be fixed, thanks. Greetings, Paul
Re: [Solved]Question about human translation in Enterprise
Oct 16, 2012 9:45 pm by makane
Hi, I seem to be having a similar problem in the Pro version. When editing a block of text, everything after an ampersand is cut off. Should I reinstall the plugin and/or module? I have plugin version "$Rev: 50 $" and module version "1.6.x.32" Thanks, Matthew
Oct 17, 2012 10:46 pm by Yana
Hi, Please try to use 'and' instead of '& ' .
Oct 17, 2012 11:36 pm by makane
Hi Yana, Are you saying that I should NOT update the plugin and module? That my only choice it to use 'and' instead of '&'? Thanks, Matthew
Oct 18, 2012 7:33 am by Yana
HI, The issue should be fixed. What is your website address? Can you please send me the link , so I can check it?
Oct 18, 2012 7:48 am by makane
Hi Yana, The site is http://stage2.taula.com, but it's in a protected directory on our server. I'll send you the credentials in an email. Thank you!