Forum Archive - Avoid translation of user name or author

Avoid translation of user name or author
Oct 18, 2012 7:13 pm by SteckInsights
My theme uses the author name as a header. How can I keep my username from being translated. For example, GTranslate is taking "First Last" and making it "Last First" (of course, First and Last are actual names). Any thoughts? Adding <span class="notranslate"> does not do the trick with author names. Is there a function for this or a way of specifying that meta info doesn't get translated? Thanks in advance! PS- using GTranslate Pro with WordPress.
Re: Avoid translation of user name or author
Oct 22, 2012 4:47 pm by Yana
Hi, You should use class="notranslate" for the parts you don't wont to be translated.
Oct 22, 2012 8:18 pm by SteckInsights
Adding <span class="notranslate"> does not do the trick with author names. Yana, the notranslate solution does not work for Meta descriptions (author names after the post title). What should I use instead?
Oct 23, 2012 1:57 pm by Yana
Hi, Unfortunately class="notranslate" doesn't work with for Meta descriptions .
Oct 29, 2012 8:20 pm by SteckInsights
So, do you have a solution for this? How can I prevent our meta descriptions from being translated?
Oct 31, 2012 3:08 pm by Yana
Hi, In order to exclude something from the translation you should use class="notranslate" . There is no other solution.
Oct 31, 2012 3:51 pm by SteckInsights
Yana, I just want to make sure you are understanding the logic here. You're telling me to use class="notranslate" You're telling me that I cannot use class="notranslate" on meta info So you're telling me that GTranslate and GTranslate Pro have no way of modifying the meta info? That's what I'm hearing, but I just want to make sure we're clear on this and that others know there is no way to edit the meta information using GTranslate. Thanks for helping with this issue.
Oct 31, 2012 4:13 pm by Yana
Hi, Yes, in order to exclude something from the translation you should use class="notranslate" but it doesn't work for Meta descriptions .