Forum Archive - [Solved]Redirection Problem

[Solved]Redirection Problem
Oct 16, 2012 1:20 pm by chinchi
I have purchased and installed the Gtranslate Plugin, enabled SEF, mod_rewrite and got and configured a Google translate API. Then my first test results in a redirect Problem: While Gtranslate redirect to myhomepage.com/languageshortname it needs this way to work on my webpage myhomepage.com/index.php/languageshortname Unfortunaly the Module doesnt work, i have to swap the index.php by hand in the url. Can anyone help me out of this? to check it much thx
Re: Redirection Problem
Oct 17, 2012 10:39 pm by Yana
Hi, The language code should be after the domain name.
Oct 22, 2012 4:50 pm by Yana
Dear Chinchi, The language code should be after the domain name. Please check GTranslate pro documentation https://gtranslate.io/docs/57-gtranslat ... umentation If you can send me access info I can check your settings
Oct 22, 2012 5:31 pm by chinchi
Dear Yana Much thanks for your answer. If i configure it with mod_reqrite enabled, i get only the title translated, sometimes with a translation error. See Debug log above. I configure it the way with no "index.php" between and send you a PM with a Support Admin Login.
Oct 23, 2012 9:09 am by chinchi
Dear Yana Ok, i have set it up with mod_rewrite enabled and send you a PM with a Account. i did some important redirections in the .htaccess do get the site working with mod_rewrite turned on. Interesting is this, if i use this line index.php/zh-TW/ It translates right and 100% Unfortunately to translate it again, i have to use again the index.php/de/ If i use the way gtranslate should work with domainname/languagecode, it translates only the Menus and article titles and ends with a "cannot translate:" Its a mess :(
Oct 26, 2012 1:50 pm by Yana
Hi, please check username and password. I cannot login to check the settings.
Oct 26, 2012 2:32 pm by chinchi
I have double checked the login i send you in the private Message: http://www2ftp.de/ <- i was able to do a ftp login remotly and going up to the root directory to see all informations. https://incloak.com/ <- i was able to login in the backend panel without any problems, even over a proxy service. With the accounts i have send to you i got in direct and remote. I have no idea why you cant login. If you still cant login, let me know which settings you wane check and i post them here. The Module was working fine, so i ordered the plugin which is a total mess!
Oct 26, 2012 9:50 pm by Yana
Dear Chinchi, I can login to your server by ftp but I can see only the content of the gtranslate folder. I need to check .htaccess file. Here is the screenshot. Please give me appropriate access rights , so I can correct your settings. I can see you have installed both GTranslate Pro general and the joomla plugin versions at the same time. You should uninstall one of them http://dc597.4shared.com/img/7hXNJJcr/s7/capture_19.jpg
Oct 27, 2012 2:38 pm by chinchi
Hello Yana You say, the Login works and you get dropped directly into the gtranslate folder. this happens also in firefox to me and i dont know why but i can get very easy into the root. try this to get into the upper folder, the page root: The cache folder of the plugin was filled with 0.5 Gigabte datas and they was over 150ยด000 Files. I have deleted them by using the console because joomla could not handle the standard de-installation with so many cash files. After removing the cash files by hand, the plugin was able to be un-installed normally. Unfortunally the removal of the plugin has not change anything yet. Hopefully you find the problem.
Oct 29, 2012 3:00 pm by Yana
Hi, I don't have appropriate permissions . Please check. I'm getting an error Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing I can access only to the gtranslate folder.
Oct 30, 2012 10:42 am by chinchi
looks like ftp handles username plus same directory name with some magic extra rules. i have created a new ftp user with a different name and send you the infos in a private message. much thx 4help
Oct 31, 2012 2:58 pm by Yana
HI, I'm getting an error. Please check your PM.