Forum Archive - Stuck language in Firefox

Stuck language in Firefox
Nov 1, 2012 6:13 pm by eds
Hello: Gtranslate pro on my web site seems to work properly when opened with Internet Explorer. Opening the same page page with Firefox works until a language page is specified. For example, opening http://claws.eng.ua.edu/no/ will bring a Norwegian translation. After that, going back to http://claws.eng.ua.edu will always open pages in Norwegian and all other pages on the site as well. Even more, English now is gone from the drop-down language menu. However, selecting a language other than English in the drop down menu will translate the page to that language. This was tested on 3 different machines. Now I have one Firefox that is stuck in Norwegian, another in Italian and the third one in Russian. Please advise. Edward
Re: Stuck language in Firefox
Nov 3, 2012 9:43 pm by Yana
Hi, If you enabled the joomla system cache, please try to turn it off.
Nov 4, 2012 3:21 pm by eds
System cache is not enabled. Also, gtranslate cache does not seem to work - a reload of the same page produces a noticeable delay for translation.
Nov 5, 2012 12:18 pm by Yana
Hi, Can you check the /gtranslate/cache folder? You should see the translation cache files. Have you installed any 3rd party language extensions?
Nov 5, 2012 4:58 pm by eds
Yes, I see cache files. For example /granslate/cache/no folder (Norvegian is stuck in my laptop) has 2136 cache files. Italian folder has 2421 files. Each time I reload the front page of the website from the browser stuck in Norwegian (claws.eng.ua.edu) a new cache file is created in Norwegian cache folder. Also, the cache files are short: 1-5 words inside.
Nov 6, 2012 3:55 pm by Yana
Hi, Can you please send me access info? I'll check the settings.