Forum Archive - [Solved] uploading .zip to wordpress site

[Solved] uploading .zip to wordpress site
Dec 7, 2012 9:49 am by mark3
Hello I am having trouble finding the right .zip file in the gtranslate file to upload to my wordpress domain. "https://gtranslate.io/docs/57-gtranslate-pro-documentation#general" has a different layout as well as ingredients... The 'general folder' does not permit an upload. Thank you for your help.
Re: uploading .zip to wordpress site
Dec 7, 2012 5:19 pm by Yana
Hi, For wordpress you should use general version . You will find it in the package after unzipping. If you want we can install GTranslate for you. You just need to send FTP access. Please use contact form on our homepage.
Dec 7, 2012 8:01 pm by mark3
What is meant by 'the general version' ? This was the reply I had before on the other help site. After unzipping I get: gtranslate_v3.141592. This file contains: general, installation.txt , plg_gtranslate-1.7.zip and plg_gtranslate.zip . Unfolding 'general' shows: gtranslate, info.php and readme.txt . Unfolding gtranslate shows catch and others like seen on: "https://gtranslate.io/docs/57-gtranslate-pro-documentation#general". Am I interpreting 'general' in a wrong way? Please help. Thank you, mark3
Dec 7, 2012 9:35 pm by Yana
Hi, You should upload gtranslate folder (which is in the general folder) to the root directory.
Dec 8, 2012 4:57 am by mark3
I placed the gtranslate folder in my root directory 'Macintosh HD' Yana. Again, after going back to WordPress to upload, there is no .zip file I can upload. What am I doing wrong? Thank you for your help. Mark3
Dec 8, 2012 8:10 am by mark3
Is there anybody else who can help...?
Dec 9, 2012 9:20 pm by Yana
Hi, If you want I can install it for you. You just need to send FTP access.
Dec 9, 2012 9:39 pm by mark3
I prefer to try it myself so i start understanding things. The chances are reasonable that I will have to do this more often. Then again, if I can't manage with your help, i will certainly ask you to do it. Thank you. Mark3
Dec 10, 2012 6:40 am by mark3
[quote="mark3"]I placed the gtranslate folder in my root directory 'Macintosh HD' Yana. Again, after going back to WordPress to upload, there is no .zip file I can upload. What am I doing wrong? Thank you for your help. Please, what is my next step...?