Forum Archive - Multiple language Selector in URL

Multiple language Selector in URL
Dec 10, 2012 2:57 am by Riel
Hi, I've tried looking for the solution for my problem in the forum but I can't find it. I saw a lot of these URL request in my server: GET /ja/en/article/284-my-title-article GET /de/ja/article/284-my-title-article GET /de/es/article/284-my-title-article GET /ja/zh-CN/article/284-my-title-article GET /en/de/biografi/article/284-my-title-article .... As you can see, there is a double languange selector in each of the URL. I'm afraid these bad URL have been put my website down a couple times in the last few days. Can you please help me to fix these bad URL so human or search robot didn't have a chance to open that kind of URL. Maybe via htaccess? My system info: - Joomla 1.5.26 - Apache with PHP 5.3.18 - Joomla cache plugin disable, JotCache enable (15 min) - Mighty Resources 1.5.9 Build 8087. The content of my website is built with this CCK component. - Active language: zh-CN, nl, en, de, ja, ko, pt, sv - I have this setup in my .htaccess: RewriteRule ^(af|ar|az|be|bg|bn|ca|cs|cy|da|el|es|et|eu|fa|fi|fr|ga|gl|gu|hi|hr|ht|hu|hy|is|it|iw|ka|kn|lt|lv|mk|ms|mt|no|pl|ro|ru|sk|sl|sq|sr|sw|ta|te|th|tl|tr|uk|ur|vi|yi|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /index.php [R=301,L] Thank you.
Re: Multiple language Selector in URL
Dec 10, 2012 8:05 pm by Yana
Hi, Please check if you installed the language filter and language code plugins try to disable.
Dec 11, 2012 4:55 am by rielniro
Hi, What is the language filter? As far as I know I've never installed it in my website. What is language code plugins? Did you mean System - GTranslate plugin? FYI, I use GTranslate Pro version. Thank you.
Dec 11, 2012 5:01 am by rielniro
Hi, I see another bad URLs today: /de/en/article/284-my-title-article /de/nl/article/284-my-title-article /de/tl/article/284-my-title-article /en/fr/article/284-my-title-article /en/ko/article/284-my-title-article /en/ja/article/284-my-title-article /en/tl/article/284-my-title-article /en/zh-CN/article/284-my-title-article /id/en/article/284-my-title-article /id/ja/article/284-my-title-article Thank you.
Dec 11, 2012 1:39 pm by Yana
Hi, The language code plugin is not GTranslate. Please check your plugins list. If you installed the GTranslate Pro general version please check the .htaccess rules also.
Dec 12, 2012 12:40 am by rielniro
Hi, As I mentioned in my first post, I use Joomla 1.5.26. So I didn't have the language code plugin there. I use GTranslate Pro for Joomla. As I mentioned in my first post, I use only this .htaccess rules for GTranslate right after RewriteEngine On. RewriteRule ^(af|ar|az|be|bg|bn|ca|cs|cy|da|el|es|et|eu|fa|fi|fr|ga|gl|gu|hi|hr|ht|hu|hy|is|it|iw|ka|kn|lt|lv|mk|ms|mt|no|pl|ro|ru|sk|sl|sq|sr|sw|ta|te|th|tl|tr|uk|ur|vi|yi|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /index.php [R=301,L] I put System - GTranslate plugin below System - SEF plugin. Here is the position: System - SEF System - Tag Meta System - GTranslate Abivia.net Redaction Utility System - jFinalizer JotCache Please let me know if you have a real solution here so we don't have to waste our time repeating the same question and answer again and again. I've read and tried all troubleshooting tips in the forum and I didn't see any solution for my specific problem. Thank you.
Dec 13, 2012 9:17 pm by Yana
Hi, Can you please send me your website address, so I can check and assist you?
Dec 18, 2012 12:23 am by rielniro
Hi, I've sent you my website URL via PM a few days ago. Any solution? Thank you.
Dec 19, 2012 8:44 pm by Yana
Hi, Can you please enable gtranslate plugin?
Dec 22, 2012 12:09 pm by rielniro
Hi, Any news here? You keep asking something that already exist. GTranslate plugin always enable in my website. Please let me know if you didn't have a solution so I can move on. Thank you.
Dec 22, 2012 12:27 pm by Edvard
Hi, I have checked your website in Swedish language and I cannot find any double links. Can you please post a relative link here without your domain name for your privacy and mention where I can find double language code URLs.