Forum Archive - Gtranslate Painfully Slow (unusable)

Gtranslate Painfully Slow (unusable)
Dec 16, 2012 10:17 am by [email protected]
Hi, I hope you can help me. I have gTranslate Pro on my site and I have had nothing but trouble for far too long, so it's time I finally got this sorted. i'm using Joomla 1.5.26 90% of the time it doesn't work. when I select a language, the page takes about 60 seconds to reload, and then doesn't change the language! infact, things actually disappear from the page! (slideshow and side bar modules) If it does work, it's incredibly slow, sometimes taking 2-3 minutes for the page to load. It's just completely unusable, we run an ecommerce site which receives a lot of european business, so we use the translations for them. In addition, whilst I'd like to purchase the GTranslate enterprise edition, we use an EV SSL Certificate, which means that we'd need to spend thousands of £££'s being able to cover "es.domain.com" / "fr.domain.com" etc etc. Can you guys help me out here? I'd really appreciate it. the domain is www.justshopok.com Thanks David
Re: Gtranslate Painfully Slow (unusable)
Dec 16, 2012 7:31 pm by Yana
Hi, Please check the settings and then set gtranslate/cache/XX folders permissions to 777. If you want I can check the settings. You just need to send access info. If you want to use SSL Certificate for the Enterprise version you should buy Wildcard SSL Certificate.
Jan 4, 2013 11:19 pm by [email protected]
Hi Yana, We use an EV SSL Cert (Green address bar) - as far as i'm aware, a wildcard version of this is not available? and i imagine if it was it would be exorbitantly expensive.. it is possible to use GT Enterprise without subdomains? I will send you login details for FTP and Administrator I would very much appreciate you taking a look. At the moment if the translation does down it's unbelievably slow, most of the time it just doesnt translate. Thanks David
Jan 5, 2013 4:18 pm by Yana
Dear David, You cannot use GTranslate Enterprise without subdomains. The speed of the translated version depends on the speed of your original page. Please send the access info and I'll check the settings.