Forum Archive - Problem with automatic language change

Problem with automatic language change
Nov 17, 2012 8:52 am by Nikolas
Hello I have the following problem. I have two languages on my site but I have some problems. For instance my default language is swedish I choose to translate the content to english and everything turn to english which is good. When I choose to turn the language to swedish again the content remains english. Sometimes when I visit the different sections in default swedish language the language turns automatically to english without any action from me. Why does this happen? Is there any solution to this? Thanks in advance /Nikolas
Re: Problem with automatic language change
Nov 17, 2012 10:01 pm by Yana
Hi, If you have enabled joomla cache try to disable it.
Dec 18, 2012 9:01 pm by Nikolas
Hi Yana I love this plugin so much but although I disabled joomla system cache and I don't have any 3rd cache the problem still exists. example: http://www.mysite.se/sv/en My default language is Swedish , then I choose English to see the content in English If I decide to turn back to swedish language nothing happens. The language stays in english and regardless of how many times I push the swedish flag nothing happens. The plugin is wonderful but there must be a solution for everyone with this specific problem. Regards Nikolas
Dec 19, 2012 5:10 pm by Nikolas
I read somewhere in the forum about this: To put this in htaccess . Should I try this ? Can this be the solution to the problem? RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /$1/ [R=301,L]
Dec 19, 2012 7:25 pm by Yana
Hi, Have you installed the "language filter" and "language code" plugins? If yes, please disable. There is a conflict with gtranslate pro and "language filter" , "language code" plugins .
Dec 19, 2012 8:21 pm by Nikolas
Hi, Ok thanks I will try and find out. I think these options are enabled so I will disable them at once. Thank you for your support :). Regards
Dec 19, 2012 9:27 pm by Yana
Hi, Please let me know if the problem persists.