Forum Archive - License issue / non encrypted gtranslate pro

License issue / non encrypted gtranslate pro
Jan 9, 2013 8:20 am by Tribal6
Hi there As a webdesign-company, we bought yesterday a version of GTranslate Pro, as translate module for a clients new Joomla website. To late (overlocked the FAQ-Section, my fault) I saw that the code of it is encrypted with zend’s ion-cube. I either don’t want to be forced to install additionally Server-Extensions nor install software on a client’s website that we are responsible for but have no chance to check what this software/code actually does. Because gtranslate becomes in Joomla as a Module part of the hole (Joomla-)Software, it inherits and automatically have to be distributed under the GNU GPL License v.2 as Joomla does. This license grants the right, to receive a non-encrypted version of the ‘programm’, at least by a request. So, my question ist : where can we get a actual version of gtranslate pro non encrypted, in plain text/php-code? Kind regards Roger
Re: License issue / non encrypted gtranslate pro
Jan 9, 2013 12:31 pm by Edvard
Hi, No, it is not possible. The GTranslate module is a joomla part and it is distributed under GNU/GPL license, however the Pro version is not a part of Joomla, it is a software which can be installed on any type of website including Joomla. If you do not want to activate/install ionCube loader on your server you may consider GTranslate Enterprise version.