Forum Archive - Had to delete some cache files. Now page load time is 60 sec

Had to delete some cache files. Now page load time is 60 sec
Jan 9, 2013 4:00 pm by natastna2
Hello, I am using your Gtranslate Pro on my site www.seed-city.com and I have recently had to remove some cache files due to hitting the inode limit. I've set the cache to 60 days to stop this from happening again but now page load times are very high. Previously I have had a problem with very long page load times and I fixed it by entering a Bing translate API key in the plugin settings but not long ago it was slow so I removed it and it worked well again. So now I'm not sure what to do to get it back up to speed. I haven't received any updates to the Pro version for quite some time so it could be that, I am using version * @version $Id: mod_gtranslate.php 96 2011-07-23 18:19:46Z edo888 $ Thank you for your time.
Re: Had to delete some cache files. Now page load time is 60
Jan 9, 2013 6:03 pm by Yana
Hi, Please read the following topic. post10503.html?hilit=reduce%20cache#p10503 Hope this will help you.
Jan 9, 2013 11:05 pm by natastna2
Hi Yana, Thank you for the response but unfortunately I don't think that's quite what my issue is. I think my issue was just that I hadn't cleared the cache for 12 months so it had naturally grown too large, I fixed the speed problem as I have before by re-adding the bing translate key to the plugin settings. I have no idea why this works but I would guess it is something in the code that says if no key, use Google Translate as a source as well as Bing translate and if the Bing key is in it will only try and contact Bing. I could do with verification on one thing and that is the Joomla plugin has a cache time setting that I have now set to 60 days. Can you tell me when the 60 days are up will it remove all cache or will it remove all files over 60 days old continuously? Thank you for your time.
Jan 10, 2013 7:13 pm by Yana
Hi, Cache time is only for automatic translations. If the cache file is older than 60 days it will automatically re-translate. Human translations are permanent, unless you delete them manually. We can also offer you to use our new Enterprise service. In that case there will not be a need to install software on your server and keep cache. Everything will be done by our translation delivery network.