Forum Archive - Dont translate some parts in a text

Dont translate some parts in a text
Jan 16, 2013 11:13 pm by yannanderson
Hello Hello everybody, somebody can say me if it's possible to disable some parts of text with a <special_code> ? i'm a deejay, and using this fabulous module for joomla, my site (www.yannanderson.com) is now multi-language, the only probleme is that he translate all, all, all... cool, but in my case, i dont want to translate the titles of my tracks... Imagine a create a dj-mix with a duration of 1 hour, 15 tracks/titles... He translate the original title, for exemple : title one / david guetta / she wolf.... -------> he translate me, in french "elle loup" , in arabic "انها الذئب<" ........... si i want to DISABLE ONLY the titles of my track... DO YOU KNOW IF IT'S POSSIBLE ???? Kind regards and thanks for your precious help... [email protected] www.yannanderson.com
Re: Dont translate some parts in a text
Jan 17, 2013 6:52 am by Yana
Hi, You can use class="notranslate" attribute. It works with any tag. Here is an example: <div class="notranslate">Text </div>
Jan 17, 2013 12:22 pm by yannanderson
Thank you so much for your answer ! I enjoy to try it :-) Have a nice day my friend
Jan 17, 2013 1:10 pm by yannanderson
BUT THERE IS ANOTHER PROBLEME : My site is in english... ok but ME i speak FRENCH, and i have a chat system for speak online with my friends... and sometimes, my friends can write some comments in FRENCH about my music... so, my friends and me set the gtranslate to "french", the original text in english is well translated, BUT the french comments of my friends are translated frech-to-french, and the result is... that we understand nothing :( impossible for gtranslate to auto-detect the language ?
Jan 17, 2013 3:27 pm by Edvard
We will recommend that you do not translate the comments by users. There is auto detect feature, but it will not be accurate especially for user comments. And if you turn it on it will be for your whole site and I don't think that comments worth that much to loose quality on the whole site.
Jan 17, 2013 3:49 pm by yannanderson
Thank you Edvard for your help ! I'll disable this feature for comments... I like very much your plugin (i buyed the pro version) it's very nice... Regards, Yann Anderson
Jan 17, 2013 3:51 pm by Edvard
Thanks for your kind words!