Forum Archive - Gtranslate/Wordpress not working on Firefox

Gtranslate/Wordpress not working on Firefox
Jan 18, 2013 3:47 pm by lacilla
Hello, I have just transferred the website I've been working on, and realised the plugin does not work on Firefox. http://www.b-freefoods.it How is that possible? The plugin is set on original language: Italian, mode: Onfly (beta) Thanks for your support. Regards Cecilia
Re: Gtranslate/Wordpress not working on Firefox
Jan 18, 2013 9:58 pm by Yana
Dear Cecilia, I checked your website with Firefox. The plugin works properly. Please try to clear the browser cache and check again. Please let me know if the problem persists.
Jan 22, 2013 10:21 am by lacilla
Dear Yana, thanks for your reply. I did several tests. The plugin works fine in Firefox 6 and 12 on Windows Vista, but it still does not work on Firefox 18.0.1 on Windows 7. I also tried to disable the anti Virus. Any clue? Thanks Cecilia
Jan 22, 2013 3:40 pm by Yana
Dear Cecilia, Please check your website for HTML validation errors and try to fix all end tag errors if any. http://validator.w3.org
Feb 7, 2013 9:55 am by lacilla
Dear Yana, I am validating the code. Though I have the following error I cannot fix Bad value gtranslate for attribute role on element div. <div id="gtrans" role="gtranslate"> Can you help me? Regards
Feb 7, 2013 12:27 pm by Yana
Hi, please make sure that you have installed the latest version of the GTranslate free plugin. You can download it from https://gtranslate.io/#pricing
Feb 8, 2013 12:23 pm by lacilla
Yes, I have installed the latest version 1.0.36. What about the error? What did I do wrong? Reagrds
Feb 8, 2013 4:26 pm by Yana
Hi, Just tried and seems to work fine. Please try to reinstall your browser and install again.
Feb 14, 2013 5:37 pm by F.C.
Same with me. Some more data (all in combination with WordPress): Gtranslate works with Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox on Windows XP and Windows 7. Gtranslate works with Chrome and Internet Explorer on Windows 8. The only combination that does not work is Firefox on Windows 8. There are last verions of GT, Firefox and all Win updates. I have tried reinstalling Firefox but nothing happens when I click on any flag. Best Regards
Feb 14, 2013 9:20 pm by Yana
Hi, Thank you for your request. We will investigate the issue and come back to you as soon as possible.
Feb 16, 2013 8:04 pm by Edvard
Hi, Can you please check if it works with Google Default translation method?
Feb 19, 2013 9:59 am by F.C.
Hi, Sorry, I didn't notice your answer until now. Combination Windows 8 + Firefox + Google Default translation also does not work. In Internet explorer or Chrome when you click on Select Language you get an overview of all languages. In Firefox there is no review of all languages​​, but only writes: Select Language and nothing happens. Regards,
Feb 19, 2013 10:32 am by Edvard
Hi, It is very strange since Google Default method uses the code provided by Google and it is Google quality code and there shouldn't be mistakes. Can you enable it on your site, so I can check it, probably there is something specific related to your computer, some Firefox widget installed or some antivirus program.
Feb 19, 2013 11:24 am by F.C.
I have just few plugins in Firefox, all the same like in my second PC with Win 7 where everything works fine. I tried to disable all plugins in Firefox but without result. On my website is at the moment active translation method On Fly. If you want to check it: http://izletipoistri.com. Tell me when you want and I'll change translation method.
Feb 19, 2013 2:15 pm by Edvard
Do you have an antivirus program? Can you install Firebug extension for Firefox activate it with F12 button and on the console tab check if there are any errors when you click on a flag?
Feb 19, 2013 2:50 pm by F.C.
This is what I've got: TypeError: this.e[0] is undefined ....s.c[t] (b,f); for(var g=0; 11>g&&d <this.e[w]; ++g, ++d) this.c[t] (f,this.e[d].mc); c!=a... element_main.js (line 347) Antivirus program is Microsoft Security Essentials. Regards,
Feb 20, 2013 11:50 am by Edvard
Can you please select Google Default method and see if it shows the same error?
Feb 20, 2013 12:45 pm by F.C.
When I select Google Default Translation this is what happens: - when I click on "Select Language" little window opens and in that window you can see only "Select Language" once again. Click on it and nothing happens. Console window remains empty. No error. Maybe I am wrong but it seems to me there is not any error because I haven't select anything. By the type of font, I conclude that little window with "Select Language" is that window which comes with all languages but now it comes without list of languages, only with "Select Language". So, no languages, nothing to select and therefore no error. I hope I managed to explain. Regards,
Feb 22, 2013 8:08 pm by Edvard
Can you please select Google Default method temporarily, so I can see what happens on your site?
Feb 25, 2013 12:07 pm by F.C.
I did it. Please let me know when I can put it back.
Feb 25, 2013 4:59 pm by F.C.
No reply, so I put it back.
Apr 12, 2013 10:20 am by lennard
Is there any answer on this topic? I have the same issue with the latest Firefox on Windows 7. Ty
Apr 12, 2013 7:38 pm by Yana
Dear Lennard, Please post your website address here so I can check it. Which version of GTranslate you installed?
Apr 15, 2013 10:41 am by lennard
Hi Yana, The address is: http://www.tussencorenkitsch.nl/ It's version: 1.0.36 (free) Ty
Apr 16, 2013 8:08 am by Yana
Hi, I checked your website with Firefox and the plugin works. I'm using Firefox 20.0.1 version.
Apr 16, 2013 10:12 am by lennard
On Mac OS, yes it works in Firefox...but on Windows 7 with the latest Firefox (20.0.1) it doesn't work...?
Apr 16, 2013 12:35 pm by Yana
Hi, I checked it on Windows 7. Here is the screenshot http://dc361.4shared.com/img/WSIkUoX2/s7/Capture_22.JPG?async
Oct 30, 2013 2:18 pm by bijendra
Is there any answer on this topic? I have also the same issue with the latest Firefox on Windows 7.
Oct 30, 2013 3:25 pm by Edvard
Hi, Can you try again by disabling your Firefox add-ons? You can do that by going to Help->Restart With Add-ons disabled feature.