Forum Archive - Enterprise - Redirection

Enterprise - Redirection
Mar 9, 2013 4:28 pm by plastique
Hello, I've purchased Enterprise and i can't get it work. I'm having problems with .htaccess file. Currently i have on my .htaccess file: RewriteEngine On RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^domain.com [NC] RewriteRule (.*) http://www.domain.com/$1 [L,R=301] When i change to: RewriteCond %{HTTP:X-GT-Lang} ^$ # requests from our network will have X-GT-Lang header RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^domain.com RewriteRule (.*) http://www.domain.com/$1 [R=301,L] I can't access to my website. I've already configure dns. Thank you in advance!
Re: Enterprise - Redirection
Mar 9, 2013 8:27 pm by Yana
Hi, Please try to remove comment and put redirect rules after RewriteEngine On RewriteCond %{HTTP:X-GT-Lang} ^$ RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^domain.com RewriteRule (.*) http://www.domain.com/$1 [R=301,L] You need to remove domain.com with your domain name.
Mar 14, 2013 2:50 pm by plastique
Dear Yana, Thanks for your reply. I removed the comment and now it works. If I can ask a few more things: 1. When I’m switching to other languages than default, the font is not the same, is there a way to declare which font to use ? 2. Why it’s showing a “%” before every paragraph ? I read that it needs one minute to translate but that’s not true, its showing every time you switch language or page. Is the entire site going to be translated sometime or is only translated upon visit ? 3. Do you think I will have a problem if I have two gtranslate modules enabled on the same pages ? I’m using joomla and analytics. Thanks for your support!
Mar 14, 2013 5:30 pm by Yana
Hi, Thank you for your questions. 1.Please check your website for html validation errors and fix all end tag errors if any. 2. % means thet the text is in the queue and you will see the translated version soon. 3. You can use two modules. it's not a problem at all.
Mar 14, 2013 6:56 pm by plastique
Hey Yana, Thank you, my website is passing the validator. I have another issue with gtranslate. I'm using a map in flash (swf), when in english (default) the links in the map are working. When i switch to any other language, the links are not working ? Thank you
Mar 15, 2013 1:29 pm by Yana
Hi, We will check it ASAP.
Mar 22, 2013 9:02 am by plastique
Hello Yana, I manage to solve all my issues. Thank you. I think i still have problems with gtranslate itself now. 1. When I'm switching from english (default) language to any other, more times takes too long to load and when it loads, the site is very slow, some times ends up with an error. "An error occurred. Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable. Please try again later. If you are the system administrator of this resource then you should check the error log for details. Faithfully yours, nginx." What is this ? 2. It keeps showing me the "%" symbol all the time, my site is constantly evolving, I'm adding content every day, but its not translated, I have to enter every single item I add and refresh so it will be translated. And i have to do this for all languages (15). It's impossible. Before purchase I read on your website "Automatic translation - Your site will be translated instantly upon installation" but this is not true. When a guest visit my site and select his language (e.g. Italian) he see half english, half italian, % symbols, that’s not nice, they are leaving immediately. The site have to be already translated, if not, whats the point ? Please let me know, I spent a lot of time trying to make my site work together with gtranslate but I don't know if it can really handle my site. Thank you very much
Mar 22, 2013 1:10 pm by Yana
Hi, 1. Please check your page response time. If your it takes more than 5 seconds to get a response from your server for the first http request, then you will see that message. You can use pingdom to check the response time. 2. % means that the text is in our translation queue and will be translated soon. You shouldn't worry about them they will go away soon.
Mar 22, 2013 7:34 pm by plastique
Hi Yana, Thank you for your reply, as always. My website response time is not taking more than 5s to load. (pingdom) I don't want to be annoying, but how long does it takes to translate my content ? This is important to me, so i would l really like to know. For example, if i add a page today, when is it going to be translated ? Thank you!
Mar 23, 2013 7:30 pm by Yana
Hi, The the translations are done on demand. It will start the translation from the most popular content and it is depending on your traffic . Usually it takes less than one minute to translate the page.