Forum Archive - Couldn't login for editing translated text

Couldn't login for editing translated text
Mar 8, 2013 11:40 am by ashelkov
Hi. I'm developer on monadsolutions.com. It is drupal 7 (v. 7.20) website; we use PRO version. Have the similar problem: problem-save-edited-translation-pro-version-wordpress-t2379.html When we are going to make custom translate of any word, login/password window appears. I'm absolutely sure, that all information that we enter there is correct. But after I press "OK" this window appears again. We send a ticket to webserver's provider and get the following answer: Unfortunately HTTP authentication with PHP using $_SERVER['PHP_AUTH_USER'] isn't possible on Freeola's VIP Hosting service due to the FastCGI configuration that is currently in place. As this is the case, if possible, I would advise using Drupal's built in authentication tools to verify correct user login. I've tryed to fix it using drupal (custom permissions), but found that I couldn't pass any variables into edit_translation.php file of GTranslate, even from it's config.php file using define/GET/GLOBALS/SERVER and etc. Could you please help with it? Maybe advice. Thanks.
Re: Couldn't login for editing translated text
Mar 8, 2013 12:02 pm by ashelkov
Actually, these strings on drupal's side work..: if(isset($_GET['language_edit']) && !user_access('edit gtranslate')){ exit; } But I think it's not secure; what do you think? I need the expert's opinion about it. 'edit gtranslate' - is drupal's custom permission.
Re: Couldn't login for editing translated text
Mar 11, 2013 2:17 pm by Edvard
Hi, I would suggest you to remove the login/password check from edit_translation.php and configure a user access using .htaccess and .htpasswd. <Files edit_translation.php> AuthType Basic AuthName "Protected Access" AuthUserFile /path_to_htpasswd Require valid-user </Files>