Forum Archive - Download links in translated pages

Download links in translated pages
Mar 17, 2011 12:30 pm by [email protected]
Hello! This is very nice module,but there are some issues with download links. How can I avoid that GTranslate makes a link to downloadable content as it were translated. Using redirection method. Hard to explain, but thin is in the basic language link works perfectly, i.e. there is folder "downloads" containing file "some_ebook.pdf", I just put a related link to that file in the article and it looks like www.mysite.com/downloads/some_ebook.pdf, everything works fine until I switch language for that particular page, the link to file is not working anymore, cause of the GTranslate redirection link.
Re: Download links in translated pages
Mar 18, 2011 12:53 pm by Edvard
Do you use the free or the Pro version?
Mar 18, 2011 1:01 pm by [email protected]
Unfortunately the free version.
Mar 18, 2011 1:06 pm by Edvard
You can add class="notranslate" to "a" tag, so it will look like this: <a href="xxx.pdf" class="notranslate">...</a>
Mar 18, 2011 1:18 pm by [email protected]
Nope, it doesn't work that way. It leaves the link text untranslated, but the link to file is broken. It gives me warning like this: The page you requested was too large to translate. http://www.mysite.com/downloads/ebook_file.pdf Please choose from the following: Go back to the previous page Back to Translate See original page It download only if i click on "See original page" link. so basicaly Gtranslate tries to translate my pdf file, but it's not what I need really.
Mar 18, 2011 1:29 pm by Edvard
I see. Since you are redirecting your page to Google, I cannot change anything in Google Translate behavior. But in the Pro version there is an option to not change the link after translation if you don't wante. You can use also On Fly translation method.
Mar 18, 2011 1:49 pm by [email protected]
Thanks, so the only option is to buy pro, cause On Fly doesn't work either. Thank You for the answers, I'll work on some other solutions.
Mar 18, 2011 1:54 pm by Edvard
Please check this forum to find a solution for the On Fly method, may be you have some library conflicts? It will not change the URL in On Fly method.
Mar 18, 2011 9:38 pm by [email protected]
Thank You, I'll do so.
Mar 21, 2011 9:49 am by [email protected]
Problem solved. Switched to On Fly method, which didn't work in the first place, just because there was superfish menu loading it's JQuery script, everything works brilliant after disabling it. Greatly thankful for this nice module.