Forum Archive - Hide Google top frame

Hide Google top frame
Sep 12, 2011 4:41 pm by [email protected]
I have just installed the free version of GTranslate on my site and am trying it out. I have set translation method to Google default (because I would like the user to still see the original English text) but the Google top frame is distorting the appearance of my site. I note that you mention a that "Hide Google top frame" is one of the features of GTranslate, can I get it to hide in "Google default" method or only in one of the others? Thanks for a great module.
Re: Hide Google top frame
Sep 13, 2011 12:22 pm by Edvard
You need to change the translation method for that.
Mar 19, 2013 6:08 am by 5W0P3
I'm having this same issue, i've tried all 3 translations and none of them are removing the white bar. Any help is much appreciated.
Mar 19, 2013 6:29 am by Yana
Hi, Please download the latest version of the GTranslate and try to use On Fly translation method.
Mar 19, 2013 1:56 pm by 5W0P3
Hi, Please download the latest version of the GTranslate and try to use On Fly translation method. This is what I did. It's still there. Thanks for the quick response!
Mar 19, 2013 2:07 pm by Edvard
Hi, What is your website address?
Mar 20, 2013 3:43 am by 5W0P3
Hi, What is your website address? It's a live site so I couldn't leave it like that with the white top but i'll leave it on for next 12 hours. It is currently set to "On Fly" for translation. http://bit.ly/YUuwKR
Mar 20, 2013 8:28 am by Edvard
Thanks! Please set this CSS rule somewhere on your site: body {position:static !important;}
Mar 20, 2013 1:26 pm by 5W0P3
Thanks! Please set this CSS rule somewhere on your site: body {position:static !important;} Perfect! It's amazing how one line of code would have saved me hours of research and testing haha!
Mar 20, 2013 3:15 pm by Edvard
Good to hear that! You can share your experience by writing a review on Joomla Extensions Directory: http://extensions.joomla.org/extensions ... tions/4823