Forum Archive - Upgrading joomla 1.5 to 2.5 need help

Upgrading joomla 1.5 to 2.5 need help
Feb 4, 2013 7:31 am by pacowilson
Hi, we plan to upgrade the exist website from joomla 1.5 to joomla 2.5. Where should I get the new packge for joomla 2.5 website ? By the we are developing the joomla 2.5 in sub directory, which steps we should do to upgrade the translated file ?
Re: Upgrading joomla 1.5 to 2.5 need help
Feb 4, 2013 8:09 am by pacowilson
By the way, our website is http://www.hkvstar.com
Feb 4, 2013 11:09 am by pacowilson
Waiting reply.
Feb 4, 2013 12:53 pm by Yesceeohhh
Download the joomla 2.5 package here: www(dot)joomla(dot)org/download(dot)html. Before you start migrating your website to joomla 2.5 follow the below steps: Backing up your website off the server. Checking the extensions compatibility. Also you can download a free migration checklist here. This will really help you in migration. usjoomlaforce(dot)com/joomla-migration-service(dot)html
Feb 4, 2013 1:26 pm by Yana
Hi, If your website is in the subdirectory you need to install GTranslate Pro General version. You can use the same package. Here is the documentation https://gtranslate.io/docs/57-gtranslat ... on#general Please let me know if you have any questions.
Feb 5, 2013 2:37 am by pacowilson
Thanks for your reply. We already made the migration from Joomla 1.5 to Jooma 2.5, and we leave the gtranslate folder and .htaccess file untouched. It seems the gtranslate still can work, but I can not edit the translation. I read the link what you provided, I just want to know where I can get (or download) the plugin package (plg_gtranslate-1.7.zip) for joomla 2.5. Without this plugin, I can not follow your provided tutorial.
Feb 5, 2013 1:04 pm by Yana
Hi, You should find the username and password for editing the translations in the /gtranslate./config.php file. Can you please send me your email address?
Feb 6, 2013 2:43 am by pacowilson
The reality is when I click the edit icon, it only shows add to cart window, not the edit translation window. So, even I know the exact user name and pwd, but I still can not to edit translation. By the way, I already PM you, please check, thks.
Feb 6, 2013 3:19 pm by Yana
Hi, I checked it with Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome and Opera . I can see the the edit icon. Just sent the latest version. Please check your email.
Mar 5, 2013 5:54 am by pacowilson
Hello Yana, Sorry for late reply. I need the gtranslate pro plugin for joomla 2.5, I already sent you a PM, please resend it to me, thanks.
Mar 5, 2013 8:52 pm by Yana
HI, You can find in in the package after unzipping. You should install plg_gtranslate-1.7.zip.
Mar 6, 2013 1:17 pm by jamesaguilar
If you want to migrate your old Joomla 1.5 to new Joomla 2.5, then it can be simple and easy with Joomla extension that is called SP Upgrade. Migrate your old sites from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5 with one-click and keep safe your Google rank. You can easily update all your Joomla component with this extension.
Mar 7, 2013 2:39 pm by Yana
Thank you.
Apr 11, 2013 5:37 am by pacowilson
Installed the joomla 2.5 plugin, but it doesn't translate the title, also can not edit the translation. Check it, please need help: w w w.hkvstar.com/cs/technology-news/how-gsm-alarm-systems-connect-to-alarm-receiving-centre.html
Apr 11, 2013 10:21 am by Yana
Hi, In order to edit the translations you need to login to the front end using joomla admin account. Here is the login link hkvstar.com/en/?option=com_users&view=login
Apr 11, 2013 3:05 pm by pacowilson
Thanks for your reply. I can edit the translation now. But I find that the links in article don't add language prefix (es, fr), when click the link, it goes to not translated url, but shows the translation. Now it's fine. Some tips: 1.If you installed sh404sef, disable "Activate SEO Management" (from Yes to No) 2. Carefull change the plugin order, gtranslate plugin must be in front of cache plugin. 3. The order of plugin should be joomla SEF, gtranslate, sh404sef - System plugin. One more question: After I visit the translated url (example: w ww.domain.com/es/, when I go to main url (example: w ww.domain.com), it shows the spanish translation.
Apr 11, 2013 4:19 pm by Yana
Hi, Please try to change gtranslate and cache plugin order . Also try to disable the cache for GTranslate free module.