Forum Archive - 404 error after moved from apache to IIS WIndows

404 error after moved from apache to IIS WIndows
Apr 22, 2013 7:09 am by musifon
Hello After i mooved my joomla 1.5 site from apache server to a new dedicated IIS windows server the GTtranslate doesnt work , i get an 404 error... MY Server requirements: { PHP ionCube Loader - can be found at http://www.ioncube.com/loaders.php, if you don't have it ask your hosting provider to enable it for you PHP Curl library - default for the most hosts PHP JSON library - default for PHP 5 >= 5.2.0 PHP SOAP client if you are going to use Bing Translator - default for the most hosts Apache mod_rewrite or equivalent (IIRF or ISAPI_rewrite for IIS servers) } i have 5.3.21 php in IIS 7.5 Win2008R2 64bit JSON library exist in 5.3.21 SOAP exist to ISAPI_rewrite installed in the morning .htaccess as before robots.txt as before sitemap.txt as before is there an issue with the PHP version? in apache server my PHP version was 5.2.17 in the new IIS windows sever the PHP version is 5.3.21 www.alpha-group.gr Thanks Alex
Re: 404 error after moved from apache to IIS WIndows
Apr 22, 2013 12:08 pm by Yana
Dear Alex, In order to use GTranslate Pro on IIS server you need to install the jooomla plugin or you should convert apache .htaccess rules to web.config . Here is an example <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <configuration> <system.webServer> <rewrite> <rules> <rule name="GTranslate Rule 1" stopProcessing="true"> <match url="^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$" ignoreCase="false" /> <action type="Redirect" redirectType="Permanent" url="/{R:1}/{R:3}" /> </rule> <rule name="GTranslate Rule 2" stopProcessing="true"> <match url="^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$" ignoreCase="false" /> <action type="Redirect" redirectType="Permanent" url="/{R:1}/" /> </rule> <rule name="GTranslate Rule 3" stopProcessing="true"> <match url="^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$" ignoreCase="false" /> <conditions> <add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" matchType="IsFile" ignoreCase="false" negate="true" /> </conditions> <action type="Rewrite" url="/gtranslate/translate.php?lang={R:1}&amp;url={R:2}" appendQueryString="true" /> </rule> <rule name="GTranslate Rule 4" stopProcessing="true"> <match url="^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$" ignoreCase="false" /> <action type="Rewrite" url="/gtranslate/translate.php?lang={R:1}" appendQueryString="true" /> </rule> <rule name="GTranslate Rule 5" stopProcessing="true"> <match url="^index\.php$" ignoreCase="false" /> <action type="None" /> </rule> <rule name="GTranslate Rule 6" stopProcessing="true"> <match url="." ignoreCase="false" /> <conditions> <add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" matchType="IsFile" ignoreCase="false" negate="true" /> <add input="{REQUEST_FILENAME}" matchType="IsDirectory" ignoreCase="false" negate="true" /> </conditions> <action type="Rewrite" url="/index.php" /> </rule> </rules> </rewrite> </system.webServer> </configuration>
Apr 22, 2013 1:18 pm by musifon
Hello and thanks for the quick reply 1.)Where can i find the Plugin for joomla 2 how to convert .htaccess to web.config ( u mean to change the rules that we right into .htaccess with this one above)? thanks again
Apr 23, 2013 11:26 am by Yana
Hi, 1. You should find it in the package after unzipping. It contains the plugin for all platforms. 2. Please read my previous post.
Apr 23, 2013 11:58 am by musifon
thanks again for the guick reply.. i change the code in web.config with this one above and now it is working i dont get an 404 error, but it doesnt translate all the language i have only works with ar and it why?
Apr 23, 2013 12:23 pm by Yana
Hi, Sometimes it may stop translating to not exceed the limits set by Google. The limit.txt is intended for saving the translation traffic. It has a timestamp in it and it expires. If you wait, it will expire and the translation process will continue. You can delete limit.txt which is in the gtranslate cache folder and try again.
Apr 23, 2013 12:58 pm by musifon
i delete the limit.txt and the i have the same issue its translate only the 2 of the 4 languages and in the other two its translate only the text in a module...
Apr 23, 2013 1:43 pm by Yana
Hi, Please try to enable the GTranslate debug mode and check debug.txt file to understand what the problem is.