Forum Archive - Step by Step method to install GTranslate Pro

Step by Step method to install GTranslate Pro
Mar 20, 2011 7:03 am by [email protected]
I am no expert in web designing and its proving hard for me install Pro version which I bought. Or is there some simple method of installing Pro. I have first install gtranslate plugin and have installed it by activating in wordpress. Now I have deactivated the same. Deleted from plugin folder. Than I have copied the gtranslate file through ftp in public_html folder. Have changed permission to 777. So I am done with step 1 & 2 of your instruction. My website name is http://sanjeev.co Need help on following as per your instructions. Step3: Where to find .htaccess file. Or How to create the same. If I have to make the file on my computer than after making where to upload. Step4: Where do I find API key. I tried finding it on https://code.google.com/apis/console but not able to figure out. Also while editing .php file which user name and password need to be mentioned. Or it can be new. Step5: Where do I find robots.txt file. Step6: How to create sitemap.txt and where to upload?
Re: Step by Step method to install GTranslate Pro
Mar 20, 2011 9:53 am by Edvard
I can install it for you myself, I'll need a temporary FTP access and a Translate API key, which you can get from https://code.google.com/apis/console/ You can PM me the details.
Mar 20, 2011 10:10 am by [email protected]
Thanks Edward. I hcan share the details with you. But now I have another problem to resolve and I think that need to be resolved before you do any thing. I pressed the auto upgrade button on wordpress. And I got error: Got error that unable to copy public_html/wp-admin/css/theme-editor.dev.css But when I tried loging in my website's admin control panel I am getting error and not able to login: Fatal error: Call to undefined function is_network_admin() in /home/ssinghai/public_html/wp-admin/admin-header.php on line 16. Any idea, what should I do? Waiting for someone to pick my problem at wordpress forum and help me.
Mar 20, 2011 11:34 am by Edvard
You can download the new version and upgrade manually. Hopefully it will solve the issue.
Mar 20, 2011 11:40 am by [email protected]
Dear Edvard, I got back in control and was able to recover the site by updating through ftp. So now we can move on with our work. I clicked on the API link given by you. I see many option. But one was for translate and shown active. Is the below is API Key you are looking for: https://www.googleapis.com/language/tra ... leResponse Which ftp details you require?
Mar 20, 2011 11:44 am by Edvard
Good! Yes, that is it. I'll need: FTP hostname: username: password: port: (default 21) Don't post it here, send me a private message instead.
Mar 20, 2011 12:21 pm by [email protected]
I sent you the email but got bounced. Can you mail me your mail id to send you the details?
Mar 22, 2011 6:10 am by [email protected]
Dear Edvard, I was hoping to hear from you tomorrow but nothing from you. I have already sent you the ftp details etc. When shall I expect some action form you? Regards, Sanjeev
Mar 22, 2011 10:09 am by Edvard
Please check your PMs.