Forum Archive - First Language Stuck, and doesn't switch back

First Language Stuck, and doesn't switch back
Jun 1, 2013 8:31 am by vasco4style
Hi everyone, I have gone through the forum here and couldn't find the solution. I've been having a trouble with switching languages. The main language is English but if I switch to for example to Spanish then browse through the website, all the pages are translated to Spanish but when I switch back to another language that page gets translated to the new language but if I click on any link will switch back to Spanish. Any Idea? I use GTranslate Pro on Joomla 2.5 You can see here: http://bestarter.com
Re: First Language Stuck, and doesn't switch back
Jun 1, 2013 9:27 pm by Yana
Hi, Please try to disable the cache for GTranslate module and change GTranslate system plugin and cache plugin order.
Jun 1, 2013 10:02 pm by vasco4style
thanks for the reply Yana, I have set the cache in GTranslate module to "no cache" I have System - Language Filter plugin disabled I have System - Language Code plugin disabled I already have the cache - system plugin disabled, although I have the System - GTranslate plugin enabled of course and comes first in order - before cache - system plugin. why would a two languages aliases show up in the same link like: http://www.bestarter.com/fr/ar/seo/youtube-on-google Also, I have put these lines in the .htaccess as described: # gtranslate config RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /$1/ [R=301,L] RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1 [L,QSA] do I have to change anything here or leave it as it is?
Jun 2, 2013 2:42 pm by Seagaard
I have the same problem at http://hoofcleaner.com. If you browse through the languages and menu then it fails after SoMe browsing.
Jun 2, 2013 3:33 pm by Seagaard
A follow up: i have now found out that the problem is when I switch back to the main languages which is Danish. After i switch back the menu are like /ru/hoofcleaner or /de/hoofcleaner etc.
Jun 2, 2013 4:47 pm by vasco4style
hi seagaard, how did you manage to fix the issue?
Jun 2, 2013 6:07 pm by Seagaard
I didnt solve it. It is still a problem tomgangen back to the default language.
Jun 3, 2013 12:28 pm by Yana
Dear Seagaard, Please try to disable joomla system cache and check again. Dear Vasco4style, please try to uninstall language code and language filter plugins.
Jun 3, 2013 1:10 pm by Seagaard
Hi! That seems to solve the problem. A weird way to solve this issue - to disable the cache. But it looks like the page loads faster than ever ;-)
Jun 3, 2013 2:29 pm by Yana
Thank you for the information. :)
Jun 4, 2013 7:38 am by vasco4style
Is it safe to uninstall the System - Language Code?? It's system plugin Also System - Language Filter is Protected and I can't uninstall it. Do you have other ideas?
Jun 4, 2013 10:26 am by Yana
Dear Vasco4style, There is a conflict with GTranslate and System - Language Code, Language Filter plugins. You can disable them. Also you need to make sure that your menu items and content items are using the Language: All .
Jun 4, 2013 1:55 pm by vasco4style
Both of them are disabled from the beginning, also all the menu items set Languages: All I'll PM you with the access so you can test by yourself.
Jun 5, 2013 8:21 am by Yana
Hi, It seems the problem is related to the trailing slash. I added the following rules to your .htaccess file. Please check it and let me know if the problem persists RewriteEngine On RewriteBase / RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !index.php RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !(.*)/$ RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://yourdomain.com/$1/ [L,R=301]
Jun 5, 2013 9:09 am by vasco4style
The problem still not fixed. It seems the Spanish language is on all the pages even the website language is set to English!!! Can you test it please.
Jun 5, 2013 1:52 pm by Yana
Hi, I disabled the cache and checked again. It is working properly.