Forum Archive - Not Translating Big area of page

Not Translating Big area of page
Jun 29, 2013 6:33 am by kamlesh.tasol
Hello, we are having a site in Joomla 1.7. We have used gtranslate pro in site.Since few days, we are fasing very critical issue with translations of pages. In landing page of site, we are having content below the "Conditions of use Lifetime Membership With Promo-Code" title. This section is not translated in any of language. Also, It shows "Cannot translate: " message at the top left corner of page. The method we are using is translate pro with redirection page. Also, checked that "API_KEY" is not filled in config file. In English : http://www.sjiex.com In Nedeland language : http://www.sjiex.com/nl/home.html You can see langauge flags at top of page to translate page in perticular language. Can you please look over it and provide possible solution ?
Re: Not Translating Big area of page
Jul 2, 2013 4:25 am by kamlesh.tasol
Can anybody assist from technical support me on this? Should I provide you my Gtranslate credintials for this ? Its very critical issue for my site....
Jul 2, 2013 7:44 pm by Edvard
Hi, I have checked your website and I see that there is a strange invisible character in the beginning of your HTML template. Can you please edit your template and remove it?
Jul 3, 2013 5:08 am by kamlesh.tasol
Hello Edvard, Thank you for your response on this. It was space before the template structure, as per your suggestion, I removed that..... But, still its not working. Its only translating only if I place "&force_translation=1" at the end of url...... like..www.sjiex.com/hi/home.html?force_translation=1
Jul 3, 2013 10:17 am by Edvard
Hi, I have checked the translation debug and it complains about "%C2%A0" character which is the same as "Â " character. Can you please navigate that character in your template and remove it? Probably it is a cause of encoding change from Western to Unicode. If it is very hard for you, please let me know, there is another solution which is longer.
Jul 3, 2013 12:21 pm by kamlesh.tasol
Hello Edvard, I checked for your suggestion. I did not found anywhere any character like "Â ". I think , "%C2%A0" you are saying is may be "c2 a0" in UTF-8. It means that "NO-BREAK SPACE". in html it is " " So, I tried to find " ", I found it 2 times in a page. I removed it, but still it gives same result as before.
Jul 4, 2013 6:19 am by kamlesh.tasol
Hello Edvard, I also Placed code to remove "Â ", "%C2","%A0","%C2%A0" from page if they found. Its still not converting the text.
Jul 4, 2013 7:22 am by kamlesh.tasol
Hello Advard, I got the issue and solved it. But, technically, I am not able to get the reason behind this issue. This section in content was causing the issue in translation : At the top: <div class="box2"><div class="box2_2"> </div></div> At the bottom: <div class="box4"><div class="box4_4"><div class="box4_4_4"> </div></div></div> As I removed this html portion from page, page is translating perfectly in all languages without error you mentioned in your last post about "%C2%A0". So, as of now its running without problem. But, as i said above , I am not getting any scene to remove this html section and make Gtranslate working. I am eager to know because I have to make sure this kind of problem never happen to other pages of site.