Forum Archive - Default Language comes after form submittion

Default Language comes after form submittion
Jul 8, 2013 4:05 am by kamlesh.tasol
Hello, Site is buit in Joomla 1.7 with SH404SEF enabled. I am using Gtranslate Pro and translations are working OK. But, I noticed one problem with Gtranslate, it does not keeps the language chosen before form submission in next page.It gets default English language in page comes after form submits. Can you please help me?
Re: Default Language comes after form submittion
Jul 8, 2013 6:15 am by Yana
Hi, The plugin sets a session variable to keep the selected language even if the language code is missing from the URL. That happens if you have GTranslate Pro plugin for Joomla installed instead of Pro version installed for general websites. Please try to install the system plugin version. You can find the documentation here https://gtranslate.io/docs Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!
Jul 8, 2013 7:00 am by kamlesh.tasol
Hello, Thank you for your kind reply. I can see Gtranslate Pro System plugin is intalled in my site and configured as mentioned for "GTranslate Pro Joomla Plugin installation". But, I found that "Gtranslate" folder at the root of my sever. I think that is for Gtranslate General Installtion. Can you please guide me what I have to do now ?
Jul 8, 2013 9:35 am by Yana
Hi, It seems you installed both versions at the same time. Please uninstall the general version. For that you will need to remove gtranslate rewrite rules from .htaccess file and delete gtranslate folder which is in the root directory. For the system plugin there is no need to add redirection rules.
Jul 8, 2013 10:03 am by kamlesh.tasol
Hello, I renamed that "gtranslate" folder to "gtranslate_" which is at the root of server. Also, Removed those 5 lines for gtranslate from .htaccess file placed on root. Now, I am getting 404 page when I am selecting another language. :cry:
Jul 8, 2013 10:21 am by Yana
If you can send me ftp access info and backend admin username /password I can check the settings.
Jul 8, 2013 10:28 am by kamlesh.tasol
Hello Yana, Those 404 pages I was getting because SEF and Url rewritting from config was disabled. I was not aware of this, since SH404SEF was elabled, I thought enbling it from Joomla Config will not required. But, Since, I enabled both options from Joomla Config, I am getting the language which I selected before the submitting the form Thank you very very much for your kind support to solve this glitch done by me. :D Now, The other one problem I notice is "Gtranslate Dropdown Module" does not keeps selected the new changed language in dropdown.It only shows "Select Language" selected regalrless of choose any langauge.
Jul 8, 2013 10:46 am by Yana
Hi, Thank you for the information! Please check the following post show-current-lang-instead-select-language-t2874.html#p11812
Jul 8, 2013 11:20 am by kamlesh.tasol
Hello Yana, Thank you for your help and solving my all issues.
Jul 9, 2013 9:55 am by Yana
Hi, You're welcome!