Forum Archive - Site crash during installation of GTranslate Pro

Site crash during installation of GTranslate Pro
Jul 9, 2013 12:13 am by Hjelptilhjelp
Hi! I have bought and tried to install GTranslate Pro, and have a serious problem. I cant enter into the website: www.hjelptilhjelp.no. The site crash happened After following the readme-instructions carefully, and then enabling the Gtranslate plugin, I get the following error message. Site error: the file /home/hjelpeij/public_html/plugins/system/gtranslate/gtranslate.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.5.so to be installed by the website operator. If you are the website operator please use the ionCube Loader Wizard to assist with installation. The strange thing is that I prior to installation of GTranslate ordered IonCube loader from my web host, and got a message that this was installed. I have already given a message to the web host to check this up, and to install the correct Ioncube loader. Please help me on what I need to do to solve this problem!
Re: Site crash during installation of GTranslate Pro
Jul 9, 2013 8:36 am by Hjelptilhjelp
I sent you my admin access and FTP access information, so you could have it checked. I got information from my web host that they only have installed ionCube loader 5.2/5.3, and that I therefore must install ionCube loader 5.5 manually on my site. I have asked them for information on which of the files from this list I should choose: http://www.ioncube.com/loaders.php Looking forward to feedback from you on this issue!
Jul 9, 2013 10:13 am by Yana
Hi, Just checked your website . I can see the following message : Database connection error (1): The MySQL adapter 'mysql' is not available. This is not GTranslate error . Please fix the issue and let me know so I can install the plugin. Please note that I disabled GTranslate.
Jul 9, 2013 10:23 am by Hjelptilhjelp
Hi! Thank you for feedback. The original error message was: Site error: the file /home/hjelpeij/public_html/plugins/system/gtranslate/gtranslate.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_lin_5.5.so to be installed by the website operator. If you are the website operator please use the ionCube Loader Wizard to assist with installation. The new error message (Database connection error (1): The MySQL adapter 'mysql' is not available) appeared after the web host set PHP 5.3 to my account. Therefore I have given feedback to the web host that their action caused this database connection error. I will give you a new feedback after the web host have checked up what happened.
Jul 9, 2013 10:55 am by Yana
I disabled the GTranslate so, your website should be available . Please ask your hosting provider to install the php ionCube loader and let me know.
Jul 9, 2013 11:41 am by Hjelptilhjelp
Hi again! Then the site (http://www.hjelptilhjelp.no) is up and running again. The host provided had to delete the php.ini file for some reason. Anyway, I need some help to get GTranslate installed properly. I'll send you the updated admin access and FTP access information in a private mail in a second! As mentioned: Web host have installed ioncube 5.2 / 5.3. Is it necessary to install ioncube 5.5? They mentioned that PHP 5.5 doesnt support ioncube. So I am a little confused. Is it correct that the web host can install ioncube 5.5 without upgrading from PHP 5.3?
Jul 9, 2013 12:01 pm by Yana
hi, Yes the Gtranslate Pro requires the php ionCube loader . Please ask your hosting provider to enable it and send me ftp access info .
Jul 9, 2013 12:46 pm by Yana
Hi, The plugin installed.
Jul 16, 2013 9:58 pm by Hjelptilhjelp
Thank you very much! It works great! Thank you for excellent support, and for an excellent extension!
Jul 17, 2013 1:51 pm by Yana
You're welcome!