Forum Archive - Local install problem

Local install problem
Jul 10, 2013 9:51 am by toshko4
Hi, I just purchased the Pro version, did everything on the installation manuals successfully, but now I see the following error, when I try to translate to BG, with the widget I put (using Wordpress, by the way). Not Found The requested URL /bg/wordpress/ was not found on this server. Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu) Server at 192.168.13.252 Port 80 I assume the redirection is not right and correct the address to 192.168.13.252/wordpress/bg/, whcich returns this: Not Found The requested URL /gtranslate/translate.php was not found on this server. Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu) Server at 192.168.13.252 Port 80 I'm testing it locally, because my site is not ready yet and the translation is a major part of it. I should know if it works and proceed with the site building after that, locally. At the end, I'm uploading the site to the domain, I provided you, when I purchased your software. Thank you! :)
Re: Local install problem
Jul 10, 2013 11:04 am by Yana
Hi, You can use it on your localhost, but you need to configure your hosts file to direct your domain name to your local server. It cannot work with IP address.
Jul 10, 2013 1:28 pm by toshko4
OK, I made a virtual host on the Apache server and entered in my hosts file - 192.168.13.252 something.com. And now, instead of 192.168.13.252/wordpress, I type something.com to load the site. It works. BUT, the plugin still doesn't. It rewrites the url to something.com/bg, but Wordpress says there is no such page. I resaved the wordpress' site addresses (in General), resaved the permalinks and even entered in the server's hosts file - "192.168.13.252 something.com". Any ideas?
Jul 11, 2013 8:42 am by Yana
Hi, Please make sure that you added gtranslate rewrite rules to your .htaccess file.
Jul 11, 2013 9:35 am by toshko4
Somehow they disappeared. Maybe Wordpress overwrites them automaticaly...? However, when I add them and try the translation, it says: You don't have appropriate license for ******.com domain name. Please purchase GTranslate Pro license. It's the right domain now, whcich I entered in the purchasing form.
Jul 11, 2013 11:46 am by Yana
Try to add ?verify_license=1 to the end of the URL. The site should be online.
Jul 11, 2013 12:14 pm by toshko4
I did it and it's now working. But not quite. I get a lot of blank pages on different links.
Jul 11, 2013 12:24 pm by Yana
Try to enable follow_location optionin the gtranslate config.php. I cannot check it on your local server. I would recommend to install it on your hosting , so I can check and understand what the problem is.
Jul 11, 2013 12:38 pm by toshko4
Yes, now it works. It opens the pages, but breaks the whole CSS. How could I provide you with a link to my local server, so it could be private?
Jul 11, 2013 1:00 pm by Yana
Hi, Please check your website for html validation errors and try to fix at least end tag errors. This will fix css issue. You can use PM button or you can send it via contact form.
Jul 12, 2013 11:55 am by toshko4
Hi Yana, I PM-ed you, but you are not answering me. How could I connect with you, because I have to find a solution as soon as possible. If you could not help me, just tell me, so I could request our money back. I'm trying to make it work for like 3 days. This is a wordpress theme, which doesn't get broken by any means with the Google Translate and Microsoft Translate widgets.
Jul 12, 2013 12:11 pm by Yana
Hi, I cannot check your website, since it is offline. In order to fix the template issues you need to check your website for HTML validation errors. You can copy the source code and check with validator.w3.org. We recommend fixing at least end tag errors.