Forum Archive - Add Tamil Malayalam into joomla

Add Tamil Malayalam into joomla
Jul 11, 2013 8:29 pm by uni5
How do I add Indian languages like Tamil and Malayalam into Joomla. Thanks.
Re: Add Tamil Malayalam into joomla
Jul 12, 2013 8:35 am by Yana
Hi, If the languages are in the google translate languages list you can customize gtranslate free module and add additional languages.
Jul 12, 2013 3:32 pm by uni5
Thanks. Yes they are in google translator. I am not a programmer, so if you post the codes and instructions to be added in specific files will be a great help. thanks a lot.
Jul 13, 2013 7:12 am by Yana
Hi, Please download the html code of the GTranslate free plugin and make changes. You need to add the language code of Tamil and Malayalam. For example you can see the following : <option value="en|af">Afrikaans</option> <option value="en|sq">Albanian</option> you need to add the similar lines for your languages and you can see them in the dropdown list.
Jul 14, 2013 11:58 am by uni5
Thanks a lot. It was big help. But I dont see the changes in the list - top right (http://uni5.co) I did change in the module-xml file. I could see changes in the administrator also. But it is not showing in the site. Please help. Thanks.
Jul 14, 2013 3:38 pm by Yana
Hi, Please use Free HTML code instead of the plugin. You can download the code from https://gtranslate.io/#pricing and make necessary changes.
Jul 14, 2013 6:51 pm by uni5
Thanks again. I made the necessary changes and got the code. But I dont know in my joomla site, which file or module and also where do i paste this code. I could not find information regardign that. Please let me know and thanks a ton for this help. so If I understand corerectly I paste into the xml file, but from which line?
Jul 14, 2013 8:37 pm by Yana
Hi, You should put the code in your template in the index.php file ( /templates/ourtemplatename/index.php)
Jul 14, 2013 10:02 pm by uni5
Thanks a lot. It worked. One last question. If I do the html format, I dont need the module, right. I can unintall the module and use only the html?
Jul 16, 2013 9:25 pm by Yana
Hi, Yes, you can uninstall the module and use html version.