Forum Archive - Drupal 7 multi site install

Drupal 7 multi site install
Jul 15, 2013 3:37 pm by DF30000
I have a Drupal 7 multi site install ie Drupal 7 core application in the root directory and sub directories for various domains. I purchased the Pro version for one domain name and one of the sub directories is labelled the domain name. From standard instructions GTranslate should be installed in the root directory. Despite numerous emails from me asking for advice on whether I should install GT root directory or in the sub directory labelled for the designated domain name I have not received an answer. Has anyone else had this problem?
Re: Drupal 7 multi site install
Jul 15, 2013 6:39 pm by Yana
Hi, You should install GTranslate in the root directory of your domain. Dor example if your domain is domain.com you should upload GTranslate folder to the root directory (domain.com/gtranslate). Please check the documentation https://gtranslate.io/docs/57-gtranslat ... on#general and let me know if you have any questions.
Jul 16, 2013 10:42 am by DF30000
Hi Yana I finally managed to get the language module to work however 1. when I enter http://www.xxxxxxx.com/gtranslate/config.php - I see only a white screen 2. the translated page opens in a separate window and language menu shows text in the translated language, I would like to retain the menu text in their own language or at the very least display all text in English Thanks
Jul 16, 2013 11:27 am by DF30000
I manually amended the config.php file using TextWrangler (mac) and uploaded to the 'gtranslate' directory and although I still get a blank screen, I can at least use the language module and edit the language for the page.
Jul 16, 2013 9:19 pm by Yana
Hi, 1. You should edit config.php with text editor. You need to download it, make changes and upload to the server. 2. You need to disable :open the translated pages in a new window" option