Forum Archive - how to disable translated pop up window

how to disable translated pop up window
Jul 16, 2013 11:47 am by DF30000
I have the pro version and would like to disable the pop up window for translated pages - I want translated pages to remain in the same window
Re: how to disable translated pop up window
Jul 16, 2013 4:43 pm by Yana
Hi, It should be on the same page. What is your domain name? Please post your website address so I can check it.
Jul 17, 2013 9:52 am by DF30000
http://www.alvanblanchgroup.com, the translated page appears as a pop up window
Jul 17, 2013 2:18 pm by Yana
Hi, Just checked your website with 3 browsers and cannot see any popup. The plugin is working properly . I can see the translated version.
Jul 17, 2013 2:55 pm by DF30000
Hi Yana That is very strange that (for you) the translated page does not appear in a pop window - I've just tried it again on 2 different languages and the translated pages was displayed in separate windows. I have tried this on both windows pc and mac and still I get the pop windows. I have tried Safari, Opera, FFox, Chrome and had the same results. I initially couldn't see translated languages until I realised that the browsers were set to block pop up windows. I asked colleagues on different computers to try and still the pop up window appear. I checked the config.php and could not see anywhere to disable this function (I cannot see the code to change unless I cannot see the woods for the trees - British saying). This is a real problem for me as most browsers block pop up windows. I appreciate your help
Jul 17, 2013 7:16 pm by Yana
Please turn off "open translated pages in new window" option. You can find the documentation here: https://gtranslate.io/docs/54-joomla-mo ... umentation
Jul 18, 2013 8:39 am by DF30000
Hi Yana I am on Drupal 7 and installed the GTranslate module. I looked in GTranslate configurations and under 'Appearance Configuration', found the check box for 'Open translated page in a new window'. I unchecked the box and now translations appear in the same window. I can't understand how you managed to view the translated pages in a the same window prior to this, nevertheless, thanks for your help.
Jul 18, 2013 3:50 pm by Yana
You're welcome.