Forum Archive - GTranslate does not work with On Fly

GTranslate does not work with On Fly
Nov 28, 2010 1:54 pm by roma64
I have installed GTranslate on my site, at http://www.amorca.com and tested it, using the 'Google Default' Translation Method' and it works great. When I setup the Translation method to use 'On Fly (jQuery), and have setup the 'Look' to use either the 'Drop down list' or the 'Flag', nothing happens when I click on the Flags or select a language from the down down list. I have set the 'jQuery' to On or Off with no luck. Again, the only way for me to make GTranste work on my site, at http://www.amorca.com is by using the 'Google Default' for the Translation method. I would appreciate any assistance, as soon as possible, for I realy love the module. Thank you.
Re: GTranslate does not work with On Fly
Nov 28, 2010 1:59 pm by Edvard
You have more than one jQuery library loaded on your page. You need to use only one jQuery library. If turning off Load jQuery library in GTranslate doesn't help then you need to ask the other extension developers to make it compatible with GTranslate. You can also remove the other libraries manually.
Nov 28, 2010 4:47 pm by roma64
Thank you, very much, for your very quick response. I would appreciate if you could show me how, or where, to dissable jQuery library and only have one jQuery library loaded? Once again, I thank you for your very speedy response.
Nov 29, 2010 9:19 am by Edvard
One of the extensions which uses jQuery library is DS Banner Slide Rotator. But there is one more. If you disable cdscriptegrator then we can see which is the other extension.
Nov 29, 2010 10:46 am by roma64
Thank you again for you quick response. I have disabled cdscriptegrator and I am now seeing the 'Please enable jQuery library in Core Design Scriptegrator plugin configuration' in my back and front end. I am going to keep that disabled till you get the chance to look at the site again. Once again, thank you very much for your assistance.
Nov 29, 2010 11:15 am by Edvard
OK, what about the other extension DS Banner Slide Rotator. Can you remove jQuery library from it?
Nov 29, 2010 5:22 pm by roma64
Hi1, I did go into the module and I did not see any option regarding JQuery Library. Thank you
Nov 29, 2010 6:18 pm by davidostrow
Hello, I am interested in getting gtranslate to work on my site http://fitgolf.com. I have the same issue. The widget appears on the site, but no actions. If we can get it working I will gladly buy the pro version to have those benefits. Please help if you can. dave
Nov 29, 2010 6:29 pm by Edvard
Hi, If there is no option to turn off jQuery library then you need to edit the script to not load it manually. Pro version will not use jQuery library and will not have problems with the other libraries. You can try Redirect translation method to see how it works if you want to upgrade to Pro.
Nov 29, 2010 6:40 pm by roma64
I was able to resolve my issue and hope it helps someone else. I was using the below Extensions and they all did a great job at what they did except that one of them was creating my issue. I have listed them below to give you an idea for they all were using JQuery Library. pixsearch Module DS Banner Slide Rotator" Module (v0.4.1b) Core Design Scriptegrator plugin I dissabled all of the above extensions and then I went through the below steps which resolved the issue 1 - I have dissabled all of the above and the Gtranslator worked - 2 - I have enabled Core Design Scriptegrator plugin & its JQuery (on admin and front end) & Gtranslate worked 3 - I have re-enabled DS Banner Slide Rotator module & it did not work 4 - I have enabled Pixsearch and GTranslate worked successfully Conclusion: DS Banner Slide Rotator module is the BAD BOY I need to check DS Banner Slide Rotator forum and see how to resolve that issue. I would like to thank the developer of this Great Extension and his very quick response. This extension will not only have my 5 stars for the extension but also 5 starts for the quick response. Unfortunately, the Limit is 5 stars. Once again, thank you very much for this great Extension and I will make sure that I purchase the Pro version. Promise.
Nov 29, 2010 7:00 pm by Edvard
Thanks for the step by step explanation and for your kind words.