Forum Archive - How do I change the title of the language in the drop down?

How do I change the title of the language in the drop down?
Mar 20, 2013 3:39 pm by 5W0P3
How do I change the title of the language in the drop down? For instance. The drop down says: "Select Language" --English --Spanish I would prefer it say and the same thing when it's in spanish. --English --Espanol Possible?
Re: How do I change the title of the language in the drop do
Mar 20, 2013 3:50 pm by Edvard
Hi, You will need to edit the code and replace: <select onchange="doGTranslate(this);"> with <select onchange="doGTranslate(this);" class="notranslate"> You should find it in modules/mod_gtranslate/tmpl/default.php file.
Mar 20, 2013 4:01 pm by 5W0P3
Hi, You will need to edit the code and replace: <select onchange="doGTranslate(this);"> with <select onchange="doGTranslate(this);" class="notranslate"> You should find it in modules/mod_gtranslate/tmpl/default.php file. That doesn't seem to be working, but I did notice, if I refresh the page and its in english and i select ENGLISH from my drop down - it goes to some crazy langauge - what's happening?
Mar 20, 2013 4:04 pm by Edvard
I cannot see that you have changed it when I look into your source code.
Mar 20, 2013 4:10 pm by 5W0P3
I cannot see that you have changed it when I look into your source code. Not sure what happened but its working now. How do I change though where it says "Spanish" in the drop down to "Espanol"
Mar 20, 2013 4:12 pm by Edvard
You need to search for Spanish in default.php file and replace it with what you want.
Mar 20, 2013 4:48 pm by 5W0P3
You need to search for Spanish in default.php file and replace it with what you want. Awesome!
Mar 20, 2013 5:39 pm by Yana
Thank you!
Jul 18, 2013 11:52 am by DF30000
I too wish to stop GTranslate from translating the language drop down menu. I am using Drupal 7 GTranslate module and cannot seem to find the default.php for GTranslate module for Drupal 7. I wish to keep English as the only language in the language drop down menu
Jul 18, 2013 5:37 pm by Yana
Hi, You can choose the languages which you want to be visible and save the configuration. Please check the documentation https://gtranslate.io/docs/55-drupal-documentation
Jul 19, 2013 10:05 am by DF30000
Hi Yana I've gone through the documentation you provided as a link. I did select English as the main language, the issue is that I wish to keep the language in the drop down menu as English regardless what language is used on the page. Better still the country's name in the drop down menu should be in their own language, at present whenever someone goes to a language all the text in the drop down menu is translated I copied the quote from Edvard wrote: Hi, You will need to edit the code and replace: <select onchange="doGTranslate(this);"> with <select onchange="doGTranslate(this);" class="notranslate"> You should find it in modules/mod_gtranslate/tmpl/default.php file. My query is that on Drupal 7, where is the default.php file. so I can add the class="notranslate"?
Jul 19, 2013 2:03 pm by Yana
Hi, You need to make changes in gtranslate.module file. Login via ftp and you will find the file in drupal modules.
Jul 19, 2013 3:08 pm by DF30000
Hi I've looked at the documentation and cannot see where I can disable translation for the drop down menu. In the Language Configuration I've already checked the main language as English but still the text in the drop down menu is being translated - any other information regarding Edvard's recommendation to add the <select onchange="doGTranslate(this);" class="notranslate"> for a Drupal 7 install?
Jul 19, 2013 5:37 pm by Yana
You need to change the source code of the GTranslate module and add class="notranslate" There is no option to disable the translation of the dropdown list.
Jul 22, 2013 8:46 am by DF30000
HI, I replied previously saying that i checked the documentation, and checked the main language to be English, however all the text for the language drop down menu is translated as well as the main body text, I don't want the language drop down menu to be translated. So apart from choosing English as the main language what else do I need to do, or am I missing something?
Jul 22, 2013 7:57 pm by Yana
Hi, As I said in my previous posts, you need to make changes in the source code of gtranslate free module and add class="notranslate" attribute.
Jul 23, 2013 9:10 am by DF30000
hI, I am still waiting for a reply. I checked the https://gtranslate.io/docs/55-drupal-documentation link and I have done all that is required, ie chose English as the main language and still the language drop down menu is translated - have I missed something?
Jul 23, 2013 3:02 pm by DF30000
I went to the drupal documentation link and checked English as the main language but this hasn't stopped the text from being translated from English in the language drop down menu
Jul 23, 2013 3:19 pm by DF30000
Hi Yana Apologies, I did not notice that there was a second page to this thread and only just found your replies. I opened gtranslate.module and on line 183 and 279 I changed to $block_content .= '<select onchange="doGTranslate(this);" class="notranslate">'; and the language drop down menu now does not translate and remains in English, thanks for you help (and patience). For Drupal 7 users - I found the php file in /sites/all/modules/gtranslate/gtranslate.module
Jul 23, 2013 9:28 pm by Yana
:) good to hear that!