Forum Archive - Language specific CSS

Language specific CSS
Jul 18, 2013 9:34 am by DF30000
I have installed GTranslate and in Arabic text is read from right to left, this has caused the telephone number on my site to read right to left - I want to over ride the css for Arabic. I checked in FireBug but couldn't see obvious id or class. I even added the <span class="notranslate"></span> The telephone number is part of an unordered list http://www.alvanblanchgroup.com/ar/ Also, the styling in the Arabic translated page has caused problems with image positioning, can you help to point me in the right direction?
Re: Language specific CSS
Jul 18, 2013 10:01 am by DF30000
I haven't received an answer - I searched on the web and found and quick and dirty approach Created a new css style .ltr { direction: ltr; text-align: left; unicode-bidi: bidi-override; } then added a span tag for the telephone number and it works but I haven't yet found a solution for language specific css - will keep on waiting and looking
Jul 18, 2013 3:47 pm by Yana
Hi, You can detect current selected language and load your css. For the GTRanslate Pro General version it is $_GET['glang'] variable.
Jul 18, 2013 3:58 pm by DF30000
Thanks for the reply, not sure what to do with $_GET['glang'] variable
Jul 18, 2013 5:24 pm by Yana
You should create css for Arabic , check current selected language and load the css file if the language is Arabic.
Jul 19, 2013 10:18 am by DF30000
Thanks Yana Sorry if I sound abit dim, maybe because I am. I can create a css file, called maybe arabic.css, then add this to the info file for the Drupal site but do not understand what to do after that. Can you explain "check current selected language and load the css file if the language is Arabic." I also do not know what to do with $_GET['glang'] variable on a Drupal 7 install? Thanks for your patience
Jul 19, 2013 2:12 pm by Yana
You need to create a small script which will check the current selected language and load your css file. Please ask your web developer to create the script.
Jul 23, 2013 9:05 am by DF30000
Actually the reason i wanted this information was because when I translated my website into Arabic and because the language is read from rtl (right to left) this caused several of my layouts to go out of place. I decided the best solution in the end was to apply a direction:ltr to the disrupted layouts and they're now fine.
Jul 23, 2013 9:25 pm by Yana
Thank you for the information.