Forum Archive - Questions Regarding Enterprise

Questions Regarding Enterprise
Jul 28, 2013 9:31 pm by suckmytrend
Hi, I purchased Enterprise Version of gTranslate and have successfully installed it. cnames are set up and the widget has been added to my site. I have some questions regarding this version related to my preferences. 1) This line appears in the source code, regardless of what language you change to: <meta property="og:locale" content="en_US" /> Should it not change to the correct locale so that search engines are made aware of the site's new local content. Alternatives such as WPML have this in place by default. I require a sitemap of my content because we are a well known news based aggregator and our content is added very regularly and Google reads our sitemap hundreds of times a day. Our content is added within minutes this way so we can write about current events and breaking news. Because the enterprise version is coming from the Cloud, the URLs are 'fake', generated by a cname record, so they don't physically exist. Is there a way I can make them exist and duplicate the content for each country? I have the webspace and bandwidth to do this and it would greatly increase our reach in terms of working with you guys. I understand some additional costs may be required, would you be able to provide some more information? (Perhaps a script that automatically translates content when I click Publish and then blends in with the gTranslate features, so a spanish version is linked to the es.domain.com. - I am happy to use Multisite too, and have a subdomain installation in effect so it could physically create these copies. Also, our images are already stored in a CDN, so they would not need to be copied, simply linking to the same one. EDIT: I understand that with enterprise it is not required to have a sitemap, however up to the minute additions will unlikely be possible, especially with simply adding URLs from one language. The alternative languages would take a long time to be automatically added. I look forward to your answers on this. Thanks
Re: Questions Regarding Enterprise
Jul 29, 2013 9:12 am by suckmytrend
Also, I am using the Real Time option for translation rather than redirect, and seeing a lot of % marks before certain content. I assume this content is in the process of translating and requires a refresh, which does work after some time. Does the redirect option have this same issue? Which one should I use, pending my requirements above.
Re: Questions Regarding Enterprise
Jul 30, 2013 9:48 pm by Yana
Hi, You need to use redirect translation method. The translations are done on demand. You will see % before the text when the translation is in the translation queue For the enterprise version there is no need to create the sitemap . You need to create sitemap for your language and the translated versions will be indexed automatically.