Forum Archive - Pro Version - Human editing ' always gives a slash first /'

Pro Version - Human editing ' always gives a slash first /'
Aug 2, 2013 11:53 am by [email protected]
I've got the same problem as an earlier post. Adding an apostrophe (') always gives a forward slash (/') first. Despite trying to edit it out, which works fine, and I get a 'success' window, it always reverts back to putting the forward slash in. Clearing the cache does not remove it. The client's editing pages at the moment so I don't know if they'll leave the translation on. If they do, here's the URL for the forward slash problem: http://www.sicilianweddingday.com/it/about-us/. If you go to the second accordion 'Le tue Wedding Planners' and go to the end of the first paragraph you'll see 'l\'italiano. The pages are able to be edited fine except for this and one other problem. I need to change the translation on some buttons. When I go to click on the pencil it activates the button rather than taking me to the edit screen?
Re: Pro Version - Human editing ' always gives a slash first
Aug 2, 2013 1:20 pm by [email protected]
Solved! Well at leas the / problem. The problem is with a PHP file on the host server. You have to ask your host to turn off php magic_quotes_gpc. Though this can also throw up a 505 error so stay in contact with them while they fix the problem - you have to amend or create php_ini files - to complex for me to explain - my host fixed it.
Re: Pro Version - Human editing ' always gives a slash first
Aug 2, 2013 3:07 pm by Yana
Thank you for the information!