Forum Archive - Gtranslate PRO adding \ when there is a ' or a "

Gtranslate PRO adding \ when there is a ' or a "
Jul 27, 2013 11:50 am by escherian
I succeeded in installing and using Gtranslate PRO version. The problem is that when in the sentence there is a ' or a ", no matter what, it will add a backslash to the sentence \ Like in this page: http://www.cuoremediterraneo.com/en/surf/ where the sentence Many names for just one unique and wild area: the "isola dei gabbiani" becomes Many names for just one unique and wild area: the \"isola dei gabbiani\" and the sentence These dunes hosted Paolo Silvestri's school becomes These dunes hosted Paolo Silvestri\'s school what can I do to solve this problem? This happen with all languages, not just english. Kind regards, Marco G
Re: Gtranslate PRO adding \ when there is a ' or a "
Jul 28, 2013 9:55 pm by Yana
Hi, You can edit and manually correct the translation.
Jul 29, 2013 7:44 am by escherian
Every time (on many different browser) I edit the transaltion I get the "success" window and the page appears to have changed. But just a refresh (even tried the reset of cache) will show again the \ It seems to take the edit, but then revert to the old thing... Any help? Thank you, MG
Jul 29, 2013 10:21 pm by Yana
Hi, Please make sure that the gtranslate/cache folder is writable . Can you see .human file in the appropriate language folder after editing the text?
Jul 30, 2013 9:57 am by escherian
Yes, the folder is writable AND I can see many .human files... I add a sample of the french ones. I changed the extension to .txt but in the directory they are .human Please advise, MG SAMPLE {"data":{"translations":[{}]},"TranslateResult":"L\\'endroit id\u00e9al pour ceux qui veulent profiter de la mer par son bateau ou tout simplement en sortant \u00e0 pieds de la maison, \u00e0 la d\u00e9couverte des nombreuses criques cach\u00e9es parmi les rochers.","TranslateResultOld":"L'endroit id\u00e9al pour ceux qui veulent profiter de la mer, sur un bateau ou tout simplement sortir de la maison, \u00e0 la d\u00e9couverte des nombreuses criques cach\u00e9es entre les rochers."}
Jul 30, 2013 9:42 pm by Yana
Hi, Please do not change the extension of the cache files. If you can see the human files it means that the edited translation is saved and it should be loaded from cache next time. Please refresh the page and check again.
Aug 2, 2013 1:27 pm by [email protected]
I've had the same issues and for me, the problem is with a PHP file on the host server. You have to ask your host to turn off php magic_quotes_gpc. Though this can also throw up a 505 error so stay in contact with them while they fix the problem - you have to amend or create php_ini files - to complex for me to explain - my host fixed it.
Aug 2, 2013 3:15 pm by Yana
Thank you!