Forum Archive - Question about Google API KEY

Question about Google API KEY
Aug 6, 2013 9:14 pm by ianselmi
Hi to all, when I search information about gtranslate on your site I can't find any information about Google API Key that is required to gtranslate (I think). To use GTranslate I have to buy a license for google translate? Regards
Re: Question about Google API KEY
Aug 6, 2013 10:57 pm by Yana
Hi, There is no need to buy API key. It is optional feature. GTranslate works without API key.
Aug 7, 2013 7:14 am by ianselmi
Thanks Yana for response. If I would to translate automatically I need the key, correct? unfortunately it was not written in the documentation and my client does not want to manually translate all. I try to switch to Bing translate service, because I have a free account, but the site is slow and some times return errors. Is there a method to resolve that without to buy a google services? Thanks
Aug 7, 2013 12:18 pm by Yana
Dear Ianselmi, No, the key is an optional feature. There is no need to add API key. GTRanslate Pro works without API key.
Aug 7, 2013 7:51 pm by ianselmi
Ok thanks, I follow the setup instruction, but the page, when I select the language, not been translate. I see that only title is translate. My site is http://www.caseincostaazzurra.net/, can you help me? Regards.
Aug 8, 2013 4:11 pm by Yana
Hi, Please try to install the joomla system plugin instead of the general version. Here are the instructions: https://gtranslate.io/docs/57-gtranslat ... ion#plugin You will need to remove gtranslate redirect rules from .htaccess file and delete gtranslate folder which is in the root directory.