Forum Archive - GTranslate Pro goes to error page

GTranslate Pro goes to error page
Mar 26, 2011 12:55 pm by web
Re: GTranslate Pro goes to error page
Mar 26, 2011 5:09 pm by Edvard
What is this for? # ***** REDIRECT ALL OTHER REQUESTS ***** match URL into $ with ^/index\.php if not matched then match URL into $ with (/|\.php|\.html|\.htm|\.feed|\.pdf|\.raw|/[^.]*)$ if matched then set URL=/index.php goto END endif endif match URL into $ with (/content/|/component/) if matched then set URL = /index.php Try to remove it.
Mar 26, 2011 6:18 pm by Webman
Thanks for getting back I have removed as you suggested from the .htaccess file but still goes to error page This only happens when i select redirect on the module If i select on fly it translates ok? if this helps to pinpoint the problem Many thanks
Mar 26, 2011 6:20 pm by Edvard
Can you upload info.php file from the product package into gtranslate folder on your server? Which web server do you use?
Mar 26, 2011 6:37 pm by Webman
Have uploaded the info.php file I think its Zeus web server would that be correct.. not too sure on that?
Mar 26, 2011 6:44 pm by Edvard
OK, I see. Since the rewrite rules in your .htaccess are written for Apache mod_rewrite it will not function on Zeus web server. You need to ask your hosting provider to convert this rules into Zeus compatible, so it can function correctly.
Mar 26, 2011 6:54 pm by Webman
ok Just logged into my webserver it says i can convert it there but says "Paste your existing mod_rewrite script and hit the Convert button to import it. The mod_rewrite script must be syntactically correct and will be validated before conversion. Please note that only mod_rewrite rules should be entered and NOT general .htaccess directives" can you tell me exactly what do i convert from the original .htaccess file in the original post as i presume this means i leave some of the file out for the conversion process?
Mar 26, 2011 6:56 pm by Edvard
Please consult with your hosting provider. I don't know for sure. Most likely you need to convert this: # gtranslate config RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /$1/$3 [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /$1/ [R=301,L] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)/(.*)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1&url=$2 [L,QSA] RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2}|zh-CN|zh-TW)$ /gtranslate/translate.php?lang=$1 [L,QSA] But don't know what you need to do with it after...
Mar 29, 2011 1:42 pm by Webman
Hi Ed Spent a while looking into all this and have decided to change my server for a number of reasons New server is suggesting I change PHP5 support from Run as an Apache module to Run as CGI Application as i am having permisssion errors on Joomla when I install it will this effect your Gtranslate Pro as i understand from the server guys as follows "Switching PHP5 to CGI mode would prevent you from setting PHP variables in a .htaccess file but shouldn't disable any other functionality (e.g. mod_rewrite rules)"
Mar 29, 2011 1:45 pm by Edvard
There shouldn't be problems.