Forum Archive - GTranslate & OSCommerce

GTranslate & OSCommerce
Feb 28, 2011 3:30 pm by X10
Hi, i bought some days ago GTransalte Pro. I have a problem with ecommerce. The translation of the page are good but when i arrive to insert a product to the shopping chart, it was not seen in the translated language but only in original language. Did you never see and resolve this kind of error? tnx
Re: GTranslate & OSCommerce
Mar 1, 2011 9:44 am by Edvard
Are you able to turn on Ajax features for your shop, so you will be able to add a product into the cart without redirecting your page?
Mar 1, 2011 11:39 am by X10
i can try to see if i can upgrade oscommerce with ajax but i think no. What could i do else? Is possible to change language without change the address? Or use the translation "OnFly" with cache? tnx
Mar 2, 2011 9:36 am by Edvard
The thing is that when you don't use Ajax features and submit a form with post data it posts the data to the URL without the language code, so after the redirect you are landing to the URL without the language code. That behavior cannot be changed. But if you use Ajax, it will not redirect you to anywhere, so you will stay on the same URL. You can use On Fly translation method, but in that case the URLs will not be changed when you change the language. In that case you will have the Pro version running in the "background", it will still enable the translated pages indexing in the search engines.
Mar 2, 2011 9:33 pm by X10
OK, i understand. But is possible to use redirect method without change the address? I have this problem: 1- with "redirect", change the address and is not good in my ecommerce 2- "onfly", is good but with Internet Explorer doesn't go and with firefox is ok. I don't know what to do. Exactly what's the meaning of: You can use On Fly translation method, but in that case the URLs will not be changed when you change the language. In that case you will have the Pro version running in the "background", it will still enable the translated pages indexing in the search engines. If nothing was saved in cache page how can help the search engine index?
Mar 3, 2011 1:27 pm by Edvard
Redirect already tells that it will change the address. What version of IE do you use, so I can test it? Let's say you have installed the Pro version, but you haven't added the language selector to your website. Your website's translated pages will be indexed in the search engines and the URLs will be example.com/en, example.com/fr, etc... I call this running in the background.
Mar 3, 2011 2:15 pm by X10
I have IE 8 but doesn't go with chrome too. If you want to try and tell me if for you is ok, the website is: http://www.magneticbob.it/store/ I see that with firefox and safari it go without problem but with IE and chrome do nothing. tnx
Mar 8, 2011 9:12 am by X10
did you try?
Mar 9, 2011 11:12 pm by X10
Sorry for my impatient. Do you can help me or i take your software and delete it from my server?
Mar 15, 2011 9:45 pm by [email protected]
it's incredible. it's 20 days that i'm waiting an answer from you.
Mar 16, 2011 12:08 pm by Edvard
Hi, Sorry for the inconvenience. I think I have sent you an update, did you try it?
Mar 23, 2011 11:18 am by [email protected]
Hi, I install GTranslate Pro version 3.141 but nothing change. The software in my website does not function.
Mar 23, 2011 11:35 am by Edvard
I cannot see it installed on your site to be able to test. Can you install it and let me know?
Mar 25, 2011 8:31 am by [email protected]
Hi, installed. I'm waiting for you. Regards
Mar 25, 2011 8:55 am by Edvard
I can see that you are using the Redirect translation method. Since you didn't want the URL change, please change the translation method to On Fly, so I can test it with IE8 and Chrome.
Mar 25, 2011 3:57 pm by [email protected]
Hi, now is on the fly. Tnx
Mar 26, 2011 5:30 pm by Edvard
I can see that you have turned on also Analytics option in GTranslate. Since you don't have Google Analytics _gaq code installed on your site, you need to turn that option off.
Mar 26, 2011 11:22 pm by [email protected]
Hi, I turn off the Analytics options in GTranslate Widget. Check but doesn't go. It's very strange. I'm waiting for you. Regards
Mar 28, 2011 5:50 pm by Edvard
Hi, I've checked your site with the HTML validator and there are many errors: http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http% ... ne&group=0 Browsers try to solve this issues, but they do that differently, please try to fix as much as you can.