Forum Archive - Resource URL change by translation

Resource URL change by translation
Sep 10, 2013 10:02 am by Michael_H
Hi We have created several tables to hold resources for four different languages. The natural language is English and when the web pages are viewed in one of the other languages the url to the resources changes to one specific to that language, resulting in a resource not dound error. For example this page viewed in English has the following URL for one of the resources: http://www.barefoottrainer.org/sites/de ... inalCC.htm When viewed in dutch it has the following URL: http://www.barefoottrainer.org/nl/sites ... inalCC.htm I do not want to have to upload the same resources into multiple different sub folders, as this would lead to a maintenance problem. Could someone advise on a solution for this? Many thanks Michael
Re: Resource URL change by translation
Sep 10, 2013 1:33 pm by Yana
Hi, GTranslate doesn't translate swf files . You will need to create swf for each language , detect the current language code and load appropriate file. If you don't want to create files for each language you can create redirect rules and redirect the translated versions to the default .
Sep 10, 2013 3:30 pm by Michael_H
Hi Yana We are not trying to translate the .swf files using Gtranslate, as these translations have already been done I just need Gtranslate to stop changing the URL. I take that you are talking about using .htaccess files for the redirects? Michael
Sep 11, 2013 8:03 am by Yana
Hi, Yes, you can create redirection rules in your .htaccess and redirect it to the original language. Here is an example : RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2})/sites/default/files/Files/(.*) /sites/default/files/Files/$2 [R=301,L]