Forum Archive - Resource redirection

Resource redirection
Oct 7, 2013 10:31 am by Michael_H
Hi I have a folder/directory on the server and which contain a set of resources for all languages (flash and zip files). The resources as displayed on a table and the same view must be displayed no matter which language is select. The problem is that when a different language is select the URL for these resources change and an error is generated saying resource not found. An example of the table of resources can be found at the following link; http://www.barefoottrainer.org/?q=node/12 Can someone tell me how to stop this? Regards Michael
Re: Resource redirection
Oct 7, 2013 4:18 pm by Yana
Hi, I tried to manually add the language code and can see the translated version http://www.barefoottrainer.org/el/?q=node/12 Please check gtranslate redirection rules. As to the zip and swf files you can add redirection rule to remove the language code for that files . here is an example: RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2})/path_to_the_folder/(.*) /path_to_the_folder/$2 [R=301,L]
Oct 7, 2013 6:57 pm by Michael_H
Hi Yana I have tried this but had no success. Here is my code, can you see any obvious errors? RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2})\/sites\/default\/files\/Files\/Unit\%20Materials\/(.*) \/sites\/default\/files\/Files\/Unit\%20Materials\/$2 [R=301,L] Many thanks Michael
Oct 8, 2013 3:12 pm by Yana
HI, Please try to put the following rule (just copy and paste ) after RewriteEngine On RewriteRule ^([a-z]{2})/sites/default/files/Files/(.*) /sites/default/files/Files/$2 [R=301,L]
Oct 8, 2013 8:01 pm by Michael_H
Yana You are a star!! That worked perfectly Many thanks Michael
Oct 9, 2013 8:45 am by Yana
Good to hear that! You're welcome.