Forum Archive - [Solved] universal ajax livesearch w/ gtranslate enterprise

[Solved] universal ajax livesearch w/ gtranslate enterprise
Oct 23, 2013 11:22 am by chilipepper
Hi, I have the enterprise version and have some problems with our universal ajax livesearch module, thisis not working with gtranslate enterprise. when we switch languages other then Netherlands it is not working and we get a error message, please check here: http://goo.gl/i1R6jN (Spanisch) here a screenshot: http://i43.tinypic.com/2vuy5c2.png EDIT: Just checked and it is the enterprise edition... that is the problem, when I switch to the free version it is all working 100% and with the enterprise version the problems are back.
Re: universal ajax livesearch with gtranslate enterprise
Oct 24, 2013 4:43 am by chilipepper
anyone?
Oct 25, 2013 2:13 pm by Edvard
Hi, It is because the Ajax call responds in JSON format, however the Content-Type header is set to text/html which need to be application/json instead. You may contact the extension developers and ask how to fix the issue. Thanks!
Oct 25, 2013 2:34 pm by chilipepper
can you also fix that? there support is so bad!!!
Oct 25, 2013 2:44 pm by Edvard
Sure! Please send us FTP access details using our contact form on our home page. Thanks!
Oct 25, 2013 2:58 pm by chilipepper
Thanks! send
Oct 25, 2013 3:45 pm by Edvard
Please check, it should be OK now. Thanks!
Oct 25, 2013 4:46 pm by chilipepper
yes it is working, only one thing... the search results are not translated and when the text is German for example you can not search for German words because he can't find them... you can only search in Dutch :) Thanks
Oct 25, 2013 4:52 pm by Edvard
Yes, that is why we suggest people to use Google search in their websites like we do. So they will be able to see also results from translated pages.
Re: [Solved] universal ajax livesearch w/ gtranslate enterpr
Oct 25, 2013 5:21 pm by chilipepper
yes I undestand, but our visitors are comeing back to our site for this search option, when they search for a pepper and they do not know the name then this search function is very handy, they only have to type in 2 letters and then they see some results already... you know any other ajax search mod what is compatible with gtranslate?
Re: [Solved] universal ajax livesearch w/ gtranslate enterpr
Oct 25, 2013 5:25 pm by Edvard
Any search software integrated on your site will only show results from your original website. You need a search which knows about your translated content and Google search engine is what you can use for your case. Probably there are plugins based on it with ajax features like yours, which can show instant results. I do not know any particular extension to name it here, but I'm sure if you search you will find one for you. Thanks!