Forum Archive - How to unload jQuery library from GTranslate

How to unload jQuery library from GTranslate
Nov 8, 2013 2:32 am by carnini
I am using the GTranslate Wordpress plugin and for IE it doesn't work using the on the fly method. I saw on the top tips it asks to "unload jQuery library from GTranslate" It sounds like it is a check box or something, I don't see any option in wordpress settings page for GTranslate that says " unload jQuery library from GTranslate" or unload anything. I am using the free version. btw the google option works, so thinking it is a jquery issue and I can't not use some of the existing plugins. Chris
Re: How to unload jQuery library from GTranslate
Nov 8, 2013 7:37 am by Yana
Hi, What is your website address? Please make sure that you installed the latest version of the GTranslate. Also please try to use Redirect translation method.
Nov 8, 2013 9:02 am by Edvard
Hi, We do not use JQuery library in GTranslate. Please post your website address, so we can help you. Thanks.
Nov 10, 2013 3:05 pm by carnini
The website is http://www.tcraonline.com/ So it sounds like there is no unload jquery option needed ? The translator is in the top right. Sorry for the delayed response, I got no email from the board about new posts.
Nov 11, 2013 1:01 pm by Yana
HI, Can you please try to check your website for html validation errors and fix at least end tag errors? You can use validator.w3.org to check the website.
Nov 16, 2013 2:11 am by carnini
How I fixed this one in IE. I tried to find something in the validator but could not find any open tags. But a style error right after the select came up. I went into the backend of GTranslate. Where you can edit what text/code it embeds, I took out the css style block. I placed the CSS in my theme's css Once I removed that IE had no problem loading the translation.
Nov 20, 2013 2:55 am by carnini
For some reason IE decided to stop working, it worked just fine for a couple of days, go figure. We ended up switching to the google translate since it was super fast. Not as great as the redirect but so much quicker. Not sure if other people had IE browser issues. I know a lot of my sites users use IE and had issues. Chris