Forum Archive - translate function

translate function
Nov 7, 2013 3:06 am by leelawan
Hi, I have a brand name on my site that I don't want it to be translated or changed such as Grenade, Animal and Universal. These are supplement brand names. When I translate to another languages like Thai or Vietnamese, it changed the words. Is there any ways that I can protect it, not to be translated or changed? For example, Universal = สากล (in thai) Animal = สัตว์ (thai), Haiwan (Melayu) It should remain the same. Please help! Thank you
Re: translate function
Nov 7, 2013 7:51 am by Yana
Hi, In order to exclude something you will need to add class="notranslate" attribute. It should work with any tag. You can make changes in the source code and add class="notranslate".
Nov 12, 2013 9:07 am by leelawan
Hi Yana, Thank you for helping me. One more question, for example the word "store", I want it to mean a department store, not mean to keep as a verb. Do you have any suggestions? Actually, it's for thai language, because it's only one language out of five that I know and can check. Thank you
Nov 12, 2013 11:09 am by Yana
Hi, If you are using GTranslate Pro or GTranslate enterprise versions you can manually edit the translated text.