Forum Archive - Enterprise not working

Enterprise not working
Jan 2, 2014 4:34 pm by rrrrr
I have added the CNAME records but it's not translating. Instructions not very clear. Can you please check. www (dot) studyspanishcolombia (dot) com
Re: Enterprise not working
Jan 2, 2014 7:51 pm by Yana
Hi, You created CNAME records correctly. The problem is related to the www redirection. You should remove www for our network requests. For that you need to remove www for your website and add the following rules to .htaccess file after RewriteEngine On RewriteCond %{HTTP:X-GT-Lang} ^$ RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^studyspanishcolombia.com RewriteRule (.*) http://www.studyspanishcolombia.com/$1 [R=301,L]
Jan 3, 2014 3:16 am by rrrrr
"you need to remove www for your website" - I have no idea what this means so I guessed and deleted the CNAME record for www and it crashed my site. Maybe you can explain further. I added the lines u suggested to the .htaccess but can only guess I added them in the correct place. Where to now?
Jan 3, 2014 8:50 pm by Yana
Hi, Please put gtranslate rules in .htaccess after RewriteEngine On at the top of the .htaccess file. You should remove www redirection for your website before adding gtranslate rules. It should be on WordPress settings page.
Jan 3, 2014 10:52 pm by rrrrr
ok I have done that. Can you please check. Seems to be alot of functionality broken when I view the site in foreign language. Anything that uses a shortcode, second level menus not appearing, clicking on a menu item opens up the page in a new tab, certain pages not being translated and a % being inserted before the paragraph, google menu bar appearing asking if I want to translate the page back to english. and more Please tell me this is an easy fix
Jan 4, 2014 8:25 pm by Yana
Hi, % means that the text is in the translation queue and you will see the translated version soon. Please make sure that you installed the latest version of the free plugin and didn't selected "Open in new window" option on gtranslate plugin settings page. Check your website for html validation errors and try to fix at least end tag errors. http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http% ... ne&group=0
Jan 4, 2014 10:02 pm by rrrrr
Im using version Version 1.0.37 which is the latest version and I have not selected "open in new window". I will try to check html validation errors but its asking a bit much from a non programmer user. I wouldn't recommend any non technical WordPress user install the Enterprise version, it's just too difficult.
Jan 5, 2014 5:54 pm by rrrrr
I woke up today and found my website was not working correctly in English. Every time I clicked on a menu it would open in a new tab. I reverted all settings to original and then started over again. I also removed W3 Total Cache Plugin settings as i think it was conflicting. Starting over again I am now getting the following redirect messages even though I have Redirect ticked in the plugin and I have updated htaccess exactly as per your instruction. Chrome: This webpage has a redirect loop Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete. Do you have online support or skype? This is taking too long to set up and with too many problems..
Jan 6, 2014 1:10 pm by Yana
Hi, Just have checked your website and can see you didn't remove www redirection. Please remove it , so I can investigate the problem. We have live chat support also.
Jan 6, 2014 8:04 pm by rrrrr
I reverted everything because everything you told me to do screwed up my website. Can we do this via skype because I cant afford to have my site not working and your instructions are not very clear.
Jan 6, 2014 8:06 pm by rrrrr
Or how to do access your live chat support? There is nothing on this website that tells me how to do that.
Jan 8, 2014 8:10 am by rrrrr
Ok attempt no 147. Went through all the steps again and my site seems to be working almost ok now. Just waiting for all the translations to complete. Can you please check. I notice there is still the issue of Menus not working. However please note I have NOT entered the rules as advised to .htaccess. If I add them the site does not work in English. What does this mean? What should I do now.
Jan 8, 2014 4:11 pm by rrrrr
It's been about 10 hours and whilst I wait for your reply I just want to check something. I am still seeing pages with % and then the text in original language English. I set everything up 10 hours ago, seems like a reasonable time to translate everything. Please advise how long I can expect everything to be translated since your documentation does not give this information. Also can you please explain how google indexes the site. Should I enter the code to translate the urls now or wait until I have all the current problems solved?
Jan 9, 2014 6:09 am by rrrrr
It's been over 24 hours and it still seems that there are pages that are coming up with % and not being translated until I reload them. Please advise how long it takes for the whole site to be translated. Also menus sometimes work and sometimes dont. Kinda annoying. Why is support so slow to reply, Im still waiting for details of your online chat system.
Jan 9, 2014 8:48 am by Yana
Hi, Sorry for the late reply. We were out of office during the Christmas holidays. Just have checked some languages and can see the translated pages. % means that the text is in the translation queue. You just need to wait and everything will be translated. It depends on your traffic. Google will index translated pages automatically. I can see some pages are already indexed: https://www.google.ru/#newwindow=1&q=si ... m&safe=off To enable URL translation feature for your website you need to add the following code into the head tag of your pages. <meta name="uri-translation" content="on"/>
Jan 9, 2014 5:57 pm by rrrrr
My impression is that it doesn't really translate the page until someone actually has gone to the page. So the first visitor will always get a non translated page. Should I go myself to each individual page and refresh it to ensure the translations are complete before annoying my visitors with non translated pages? I added the meta name code to header.php is that what you meant? It's throwing up some errors in http://validator.w3.org/ There is also the issue of menus not working when on certain pages Still waiting for details of your live chat service
Jan 10, 2014 10:31 pm by Edvard
Hi, First we need to discover your content to translate it. We discover when someone accesses non-translated page, it can be a crawler or a human being. In general you do not need to access all your pages, since crawlers do that in any way, however you may speed up the discovery process by accessing your all pages in translated pages. You have many errors in your HTML syntax, you may try to fix them, but the most important errors are end of tag errors, the others do not have any impact if you can see your site rendered correctly. If we are online you will see our chat widget on our home page at: https://gtranslate.io Thank you for your patience with us!