Forum Archive - Flag Images Not Shwoing in Internet Explorer

Flag Images Not Shwoing in Internet Explorer
Jan 19, 2014 3:51 pm by mkma
Hi first can I say thanks for the extension really nice addition to any site. The extension is working well for me in all browsers except for internet explorer. The problem I have is that the flag images do not show. The module can be seen at the link below at the bottom of the right sidebar modules: http://www.mkma.net I have tried switching to 'google default' or 'redirect' however they do not meet my needs as i need to show the image flags on my site. Any help that you could offer on this would be appreciated. Thanks for your help.
Re: Flag Images Not Shwoing in Internet Explorer
Jan 19, 2014 8:50 pm by Yana
Hi, Please remove width:auto; from the bootstrap.css file for img.
Jan 21, 2014 5:00 pm by mkma
Hi thanks for your reply. I removed the 'width:auto;' from the bootstrap.css however the bootstrap.css is compiled from other .css elements and upon saving that file all the changes made are be undone. In order to get around this I had to create an override for the image .css element. Show below: img{max-width:100%;width:;height:auto;vertical-align:middle;border:0;-ms-interpolation-mode:bicubic;} When 'auto' is removed from the width and no value is showing the flags still do not show in internet explorer. When I add a value such as 'width:100%;' then the flags do show however they are completely out of alignment and other images on my site are also effected. Is there a value that I could add for width instead of auto in order to make the flag images show? Or is there another way to solve this problem? Thanks again for your help.
Jan 21, 2014 9:00 pm by Yana
Hi, If you can add somewhere in CSS the code below hopefully it will be fixed: img {width:none !important;}
Jan 22, 2014 1:04 pm by anders
Hi, i have the same problem no flags showing in explorer, firefox and chrome. And if i follow your instructions img {width:none !important;} will that not affect the rest of my site? Warm regards A
Jan 22, 2014 2:40 pm by Yana
Hi, In this case you should remove width:auto; from the css file for img.
Jan 24, 2014 4:39 pm by rdsully
Hi first can I say thanks for the extension really nice addition to any site. The extension is working well for me in all browsers except for internet explorer. The problem I have is that the flag images do not show. The module can be seen at the link below at the bottom of the right sidebar modules: http://www.mkma.net I have tried switching to 'google default' or 'redirect' however they do not meet my needs as i need to show the image flags on my site. Any help that you could offer on this would be appreciated. Thanks for your help. I am having the exact same issue. Flags show in all browsers except IE.
Jan 25, 2014 9:11 am by Edvard
Hi, Can you please post your website address, so we can check your issue? Thanks!
Feb 6, 2014 8:07 pm by was
In my gantry css file i removed 'width:auto;' in line 53 and now work pefectly also IE. Thank's
Feb 7, 2014 9:12 pm by Yana
You're welcome!
Mar 13, 2014 8:12 pm by dpattyatl
Hi, I have the same problem and I haven´t try your suggestion because I´m not sure which file is the one I have to modified, can you please send me the route where the file is located? Thanks in advance!
Mar 14, 2014 7:59 am by Edvard
What is your website address? Can you post it here, so we can check it for you?