Forum Archive - [Solved] Font not loading Open Sans Light (Enterprise)

[Solved] Font not loading Open Sans Light (Enterprise)
Jan 26, 2014 12:03 pm by claesbas
I have set things up at http://alanyapenthouse.net/ .. (Joomla 3.2.1 website) with Enterprise version of Gtranslate. Translations are working but I have some problem with all languages (except default, swedish) that the Open Sans Light font is not loaded. I changes to Times New Roman on menus etc. Why are the font not loaded on the diffrent languages? Can I change the URL or something like this in CSS files or somewhere to make them load?
Re: Font not loading Open Sans Light (Enterprise)
Jan 26, 2014 12:21 pm by claesbas
Also noticed that icons (from the Awesome Font) is not loaded on pages like this: http://en.alanyapenthouse.net/alanya/fl ... nformation Guess its related to the same type of problem.
Jan 27, 2014 9:26 am by claesbas
The fonts are done with Font Squirrel (http://www.fontsquirrel.com)... Using this CSS and having those files in the CSS folder. What can I do to make them work? @font-face { font-family: 'open_sans_lightregular'; src: url('opensans-light-webfont.eot'); src: url('opensans-light-webfont.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'), url('opensans-light-webfont.woff') format('woff'), url('opensans-light-webfont.ttf') format('truetype'); font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; } @font-face { font-family: 'open_sansregular'; src: url('opensans-regular-webfont.eot'); src: url('opensans-regular-webfont.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'), url('opensans-regular-webfont.woff') format('woff'), url('opensans-regular-webfont.ttf') format('truetype'); font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; } @font-face { font-family: 'open_sans_semiboldregular'; src: url('opensans-semibold-webfont.eot'); src: url('opensans-semibold-webfont.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'), url('opensans-semibold-webfont.woff') format('woff'), url('opensans-semibold-webfont.ttf') format('truetype'); font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; }
Jan 27, 2014 11:06 am by Edvard
Hi, It is actually a Firefox problem related to cross-domain linking of fonts. So when you are on English sub-domain your fonts still load from the main domain and Firefox cross-domain policy blocks it. To fix the issue you need to add this rules in your .htaccess file (for Apache server only): <FilesMatch "\.(ttf|ttc|otf|eot|woff)$"> <IfModule mod_headers.c> Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin "*" </IfModule> </FilesMatch> This will allow cross-domain linking of fonts and Firefox will be fine. Thanks!
Jan 27, 2014 11:11 am by claesbas
Great! .. I added that to .htaccess and now it works fine! Thanks alot!
Jan 27, 2014 11:15 am by Edvard
Good to hear that! Thanks!
Re: [Solved] Font not loading Open Sans Light (Enterprise)
Aug 13, 2014 5:21 pm by MCMC
WOW :) lol thanks I spent HOURS on this Thanks V much
Aug 14, 2014 6:07 am by Yana
You're welcome!
Aug 20, 2014 4:47 am by ray
Hello, I'm running Enterprise version and I've added the code to the htaccess file but it still doesn't work on firefox and IE. My template is Acacia from rockettheme. I'd like to send you the URL of my website in a private message, how can I send it?
Aug 20, 2014 9:39 am by Yana
Hi, You can send by clicking PM button or you can use the contact form on our homepage.